Wis. DOJ won't meet carry deadlines

PDA

jak67429
January 4, 2012, 12:07 PM
Guess I will have to wait a little longer. This from the Eau Claire TV station.

The department's Law Enforcement Services Division Administrator Brian O'Keefe says the agency is so overwhelmed with applications it likely will need a day or two longer to process applications from now through mid-January. The agency has received nearly 65,000 applications so far and has spent nearly $30,000 on overtime for processing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wis. DOJ won't meet carry deadlines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
January 4, 2012, 12:23 PM
No surprise - but the folks on the anti-gun side must be having a cow... :evil:

heeler
January 4, 2012, 12:42 PM
Pretty much the same thing happened in Texas but happily they finally got things right.
I had mine in less than 45 days but a few years ago it took months of waiting.
Let the anti's cry in their beer.

PastorAaron
January 4, 2012, 02:01 PM
Don't worry. My wife and I both got ours within two weeks. Just watch your bank account. When the check clears, the permit is only a few days out.
I darn near threw a party when my permit arrived. The irony: my wife and I sent in identical proof of training. Mine went through first try and hers had to be sent back in... Thinking they got to hers before our gov got rid of the emergency rules.
God Bless,
Aaron

Fanky
January 4, 2012, 11:30 PM
It took me about a month to get mine back. You just gotta be patient. I'm pretty sure the mailman thought I was tracking his every move as soon as I saw my check cleared at the bank.

Standing Wolf
January 5, 2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah, but on the bright side, I'm sure the state government will agree it's okay for people to send in their taxes if they're feeling somewhat overworked. It's only fair, right?

hdbiker
January 5, 2012, 12:28 PM
I sent mine Wisconsin permit app. in on the first day,got it back in 3 weeks marked incomplete,my bobo,resent that day and had it in another 2 weeks. biker

buck460XVR
January 5, 2012, 02:33 PM
It took exactly 23 days from the time I sent my application in till I received my permit. It was about a week after they cashed my check that it came it the mail. The day I got it, I ordered a IWB holster from Falco holsters. Wish they were half as fast as the DOJ, cause I ain't seen it yet and as of yesterday they didn't know where the 'ell it was.:banghead:

jak67429
January 5, 2012, 02:43 PM
Just got it today. been 3 weeks since they chased my check. Now I need a good pocket holster for my TCP 380.

Ryanxia
January 5, 2012, 04:38 PM
Jak - I went to Walmart (go figure) and they have pretty decent pocket holsters that fit the TCP .380 and they were only $9-$10.

GI_Jared
January 5, 2012, 11:51 PM
hmmm..... 65,000 so far, that's $3,500,000 for the state. Wonder how their gonna blow it?

CmpsdNoMore
January 6, 2012, 12:46 AM
I had a feeling this was going to happen right away from the demand. I don't remember any penalties for going over the mandated time allowed. Is anything going to happen?

Glad I sent my application in on the second day!

(Also from Eau Claire)

If you enjoyed reading about "Wis. DOJ won't meet carry deadlines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!