Walnut Kitty Litter Tumbler Media

PDA

robMaine
January 4, 2012, 02:51 PM
So I was at the local pet store looking for Lizard Litter and they didn't have it. They did however have a bag of walnut kitty litter called Purr & Simple. Any ever used it? It seems to be mostly just crushed walnut shells. I am going to test it out and will report back.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walnut Kitty Litter Tumbler Media" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JRH6856
January 4, 2012, 03:13 PM
Good luck. Most of the walnut, corn and wheat based kitty litters have clumping agents added. Not sure what effect that will have.

Sam1911
January 4, 2012, 03:23 PM
I've tried some of the litter materials and found the grains to be much too large to do a good job. Maybe if these are smaller than the usual granule size of pet litter they'll work fine.

robMaine
January 4, 2012, 03:45 PM
That is what sold me on these, they are very small. Not like the Hartz corn that gets stuck everywhere...

mbopp
January 4, 2012, 04:41 PM
I picked up some Zilla walnut litter that seems to do a good job. It's not dusty either.

jmorris
January 4, 2012, 07:31 PM
I have tried just about everything at one time or another. From a kitty litter experiment gone wrong I wouldn't touch anything that has "kitty" in the name...unless I wanted to make pave stone.

Waywatcher
January 4, 2012, 09:22 PM
I've tried some of the litter materials and found the grains to be much too large to do a good job. Maybe if these are smaller than the usual granule size of pet litter they'll work fine.

The Lizard litter I use (which I found at PetSMART) is small enough to go through the flashhole on .38 specials and .223 (A slow pour like an hourglass). It does a great job and I like it very much. I check flashholes every time and I tumble a fair amount of brass. I would estimate that 1 in 5000 cases gets a little piece wedged in the flash hole. (It happened twice in the last year.)

Oklacoyotekiller
January 5, 2012, 11:11 AM
let us know how it works. may try

robMaine
January 5, 2012, 01:01 PM
Massive Failure, do not try, very dusty and it isn't really crushed walnut but walnut pellets crushed down. Oh well, back to Lizard Litter for me.

Oklacoyotekiller
January 5, 2012, 01:40 PM
thanks for info
cat, the other white meat!

evan price
January 5, 2012, 06:54 PM
There's a post I put up last year I think, about the best deal for the Zilla walnut being a place on Amazon.com, even once shipping is added in. Price comparable to the Drillspot corncob. Search my posts and you'll find it.

Blue68f100
January 5, 2012, 07:17 PM
I still do not under stand why persons use pet products for a blast/cleaning media. The raw product used is waste after the good stuff has been used.

jack44
January 5, 2012, 07:26 PM
I bvought some litter at pet smart thats corn cob TO BIG TO WORK 7.95 down the deain but it soaked up tranny fluid I spilled!

Hondo 60
January 5, 2012, 11:44 PM
The best corncob is 20/40 media from drillspot.
$26.93 for a 40# bag, delivered to your door (no shipping charge)
It's small enough to move through the flash hole.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/521055/econoline_526040g-40_40_lbs_blast_media

evan price
January 6, 2012, 02:03 PM
Blue, try the Zilla walnut. Fine grained, low dust, good stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walnut Kitty Litter Tumbler Media" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!