Relading using 3-die sets in 4-hole turret press (video)

PDA

1KPerDay
January 5, 2012, 01:00 AM
Most of you will likely roll your eyes at this but I've had a couple of people ask me how this works. Pretty self-explanatory but still thought I'd make a quick vid for the noobs like me. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq9ohRnfwOM

If you enjoyed reading about "Relading using 3-die sets in 4-hole turret press (video)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
January 5, 2012, 01:05 AM
Actually, after seating the bullet I stop half way down and remove the finished round like you do but then I turn the turret once and when I bottom the ram the turret turns again to the sizing die. I find that works well and you don't have to use the handle an extra time.

1KPerDay
January 5, 2012, 01:38 AM
Cool idea. I'll try it. I think I'll stick with my method though as it gives me time to place the completed cartridge and grab another piece of brass.

ArchAngelCD
January 5, 2012, 01:40 AM
Hey, I wasn't telling you your way was wrong. Anything that works for you is right, I just do it a little differently and added my way to the discussion.

1KPerDay
January 5, 2012, 02:58 AM
I wasn't upset. I really will give your method a try. :)

1KPerDay
January 5, 2012, 01:08 PM
Do you rotate the turret with your right hand or your left? I assume the left?

ArchAngelCD
January 6, 2012, 12:43 AM
I rotate it with my right hand while using my left hand to place the completed round in a plastic case.

(I didn't think you were upset)

1KPerDay
January 6, 2012, 12:29 PM
Cool, thanks. I assume you stop the ram partway down so you can rotate the turret without damaging the ratchet... Does yours stay in that position? If I let go of the handle the ram up, the handle falls and raises the ram. I keep it well lubed, though.

ArchAngelCD
January 7, 2012, 04:56 AM
As I said in post 2, yes I stop half way down.

My ram stays right there when I let go of the handle.

1KPerDay
January 7, 2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks again

If you enjoyed reading about "Relading using 3-die sets in 4-hole turret press (video)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!