Holy Crap! Glad my neighbors are alive....

PDA

Texpatriate
January 5, 2012, 11:06 PM
So we got home from the holidays over the weekend and we noticed that our neighbors across the street (husband is a fellow pastor here in town) are driving what looks like a new car. Wife asks them if they got a new car and it turns out it was a rental.

On their way back home from visiting family in Kentucky for Christmas, a bullet passed through the front passenger side window and out the driver side front window, passing through the front seating area literally inches in front of both of them. Their 3 young daughters were seated in the back seats of the mini van.

With both windows now busted my neighbor pulled over trying to figure out what had just happened and hears gunfire off in the woods. He calls 911 and the police go and arrest the 2 idiots who are back about 70 yards into the woods target shooting towards a major highway with no backstop. This was not a small country road, this was a major highway in rural Middle Tennessee.

:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Holy Crap! Glad my neighbors are alive...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mustangpd
January 5, 2012, 11:26 PM
God must have been looking out for them.

JBrady555
January 5, 2012, 11:57 PM
I can't believe how irresponsible some people can be with firearms.

The_Next_Generation
January 6, 2012, 12:00 AM
This happened to my father about a decade ago. He was driving through the foothills near Mt. Rainier/Greenwater area, when a bullet passed through the two rear passenger windows.

If my little brother and I would have decided to go with him, I probably wouldn't be typing this.

Life is a strange thing,

- TNG

snakeman
January 6, 2012, 12:02 AM
perhaps someone should put those 2 idiots a few hundred yards behind a range with no backstop! Seriously it just makes me so angry when people do stuff like this and make us all look bad! My truck was shot once right in the chevy emblem by an idiot that apparently shot a few cars intentionally while they were driving by on the highway. My fiance and son were in the truck with me at the time. All it did was crack the emblem but why do people do this?

fallout mike
January 6, 2012, 12:19 AM
No wonder TN was the first state the TSA VIPER units started operating in.

El Mariachi
January 6, 2012, 01:01 AM
We found this last July a couple of hours after leaving Carlsbad Caverns last summer. There's several buildings directly behind the sign, probably less than 400 yards away.

Brilliant, yes?....

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/shiftster/Road%20Trip%20%202011/1310614246.jpg

NavyLCDR
January 6, 2012, 01:03 AM
This was not a small country road, this was a major highway in rural Middle Tennessee.

There's a difference between the two?

maskedman504
January 6, 2012, 01:10 AM
There's a difference between the two?

Way to keep it High Road. :rolleyes:

armoredman
January 6, 2012, 01:27 AM
I can't stand idiots who shoot signs like that, see a lot of that on roads in the middle of nowhere where drinkin' and carryin' on are the two main ways to relieve stress. Stupid and careless. If you HAVE to deface a sign, use paintballs with water soluble paint; you can vent your drunken rage, and the rain will wash it clean.

snakeman
January 6, 2012, 01:38 AM
why not just punch a pillow or something?

Dnaltrop
January 6, 2012, 01:41 AM
Signs are bad enough... Idiots will shoot at anything, even a historic lighthouse. $50,000 in damages.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Vandal-shoots-out-windows-of-historic-Oregon-lighthouse-81160167.html

At least they caught these guys.

george29
January 6, 2012, 01:55 AM
I can't believe how irresponsible some people can be with firearms.
i'm surprised it doesn't happen more.

Art Eatman
January 6, 2012, 08:15 AM
Shows that some gun owners shouldn't be. Sorry, but this is more of a daily newspaper deal than on-topic for THR.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holy Crap! Glad my neighbors are alive...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!