Getting back into reloading.

PDA

gunsnsprinkles
January 5, 2012, 10:48 PM
I just ordered the Hornady lock n load kit with the digital scales. I also found a bunch of dies at the local pawn shop. Got a lee carbide set for the 45 long colt and lee 9mm carbide, RCBS new 45 acp Non carbide, RCBS 44 mag and RCBS 357/38 for 120 dollars. Thats 25 each. Missing just the shell holder for the 9mm other than that all parts are there. I still need a 223 set of dies and a caliper. Then I can start to load again. I got rid of my set up a couple of years ago because I felt I could just buy ammo cheaper than load it or close to it without having to have the set up in my garage. But now its almost 25 a box for 38s and I can load them for around 5 to 7. Same with the 9s . Is the Hornady kit OK? I had a lee and RCBS single stage press before. I can get a caliper at Harbor Freight for 14 dollars. I checked the pawn shops and they all think they have gold, 50 and up for a set I can get new for 25. The lock n load seems to be a nice quick way to set up. Midway has the bushings for 10 for 35. I used my lee press for priming only, but I like the idea of the hand held primer, I can watch TV and prime up a bunch.

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting back into reloading." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Getting back into reloading." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!