RCBS case lube die

PDA

Jeff H
January 6, 2012, 12:27 PM
I was watching a youtube video of someone reloading 223 and they used a RCBS case lube die so he didn't have to lube cases individually. I think that's pretty neat, but I haven't seen any discussions about it before. Does anyone have one? Does it work well?

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS case lube die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Waywatcher
January 6, 2012, 12:41 PM
I've heard that it is not necessary to lube every single case with this lube, but I am not going to try my luck. (I use RCBS Case Lube)

The old saying "penny-wise, pound-foolish" comes to mind.

gamestalker
January 6, 2012, 01:00 PM
The first lube I ever used was RCBS, and I tried the every other one thing and came pretty close to sticking a case. I also had problems with lube dents because the stuff is so heavy. I never liked that nasty sticky RCBS lube so I switched to lee dry lube and quickly found lube dents were much easier to prevent. 15 yrs. later I ran out of the Lee and switched to Dillon spray on, and I don't think I'll try anything else. No dents, no mess, and my brass glides through the dies like silk!

cfullgraf
January 6, 2012, 01:14 PM
I am tinkering with an RCBS 223 Remington lube die. Jury is still out. I am knd of leaning towards "not for me" but not ready to make that proclamation yet.

I do use the RCBS case lubricant on a pad for much of my rifle resizing. I do not lube every case, every other or every third depending on when I put lubricant on the pad last. It took a while to learn the feel when the cases were getting too dry.

I prevent lubricant from getting on the shoulder area by hanging the shoulder over the side of the lube pad. If I ever start getting should dents, i find the die must be totally cleaned to correct the problem.

Believe or not, I have only gotten one case stuck in over 30 years of resizing. Almost a few times but close only counts in hand grenades and horses shoes.

Yes, the lubricant is gooey and sticky. I find others have their faults as well. It just depends on what kind of mess you want to deal with.

dbarnhart
January 6, 2012, 01:35 PM
I use the RCBS Lube Die in my press in conjunction with the Dillon case trimmer. It works VERY well.

Jeff H
January 6, 2012, 02:27 PM
A couple of you think I was referring to the lube itself. I was actually referring to this neat little die:
https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/images/rcbs/item/FullA/LubeDie.jpg

I can't seem to find much info about it, but it looks pretty slick for rifle reloading on a progressive.

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/MainServlet?storeId=webconnect&catalogId=webconnect&langId=en_US&action=ProductDisplay&screenlabel=index&productId=3148

biga972
January 6, 2012, 04:25 PM
I use it for my .223 and love it. It helps with keeping the mess under control.

Now the lube die for my 308 that one I am having the hardest time with.

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS case lube die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!