Shot Storage Suggestions

PDA

lizziedog1
January 7, 2012, 10:06 AM
Yesterday I bought a bag of reclaimed shot. It looks pretty good. I still have some 7 and half shot in the hopper and I'll wait until I use that up to try the new stuff.

I have a question.

How do you guys store your shot? I mean what kind of container do you put in?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot Storage Suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Starter52
January 7, 2012, 10:22 AM
I like a empty plastic laundry detergent container, a big heavy one with a sturdy handle. They are easy to fill with shot and easy to pour.

lizziedog1
January 7, 2012, 10:24 AM
That is not a bad idea. You really want to avoid spilling shot. Not the easiest stuff to pick up.

BKS
January 7, 2012, 01:46 PM
I believe I have found a use for the empty laundry detergent jugs, Thanks for the idea.

beatledog7
January 7, 2012, 02:31 PM
At last, a reason to do laundry!

cfullgraf
January 8, 2012, 01:01 AM
I have always used the cloth bag the shot came in. I tie it off with a velcro tie or something similar.

I do have several shot bottles for my loaders as well.

I have never used reclaimed shot so I do not know how they package it.

Empty detergent bottles sounds like a good idea.

Uniquedot
January 8, 2012, 01:16 AM
The powder bottles from alliant will hold a full 25lb bag of shot and is easy to pour from them. I also use extra mec (large bottles) which will hold a full bag and i like plastic coffee containers and use a scoop to get it in the loader.

kingmt
January 8, 2012, 02:22 AM
Coffee can.

res7s
January 8, 2012, 04:11 AM
I use any heavy walled plastic(2 HDPE) bottle with a lid. The round 32oz alcohol or peroxide bottles work well. 2 HDPE is the same plastic used for Alliant and Hodgdon powder bottles. They also fit the MEC presses.

wmurphy
January 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
2 & 3 liter soda bottles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot Storage Suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!