Drake Safe Company

PDA

opsman
January 7, 2012, 09:42 PM
Has anybody heard of this guy? He is out of Roxboro NC and has no web page but he is on Facebook. I have checked other forums and everyone who owns one says good things about him. I just wondering if anybody here has heard of or owns one of his safes/RSC.

If you enjoyed reading about "Drake Safe Company" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
opsman
February 21, 2012, 07:48 PM
I guess I must have been the only person to hear of Drake Safe Company, doesnt matter to me anymore, I purchased a Superior today.

Green_Giant
February 22, 2012, 01:19 PM
I have one of his safes/RSCs and I am very happy with it. It is quite heavy and I only told the movers how much it weighed AFTER they had it in place! :) The owner has been very helpful every time I have talked to him. I would definitely get another if I ever have to replace this one or I need another safe.

opsman
February 22, 2012, 11:10 PM
Green Giant

Thank you for the reply. I am glad you are happy with your Drake.

Fred Fuller
March 3, 2012, 11:56 AM
Sorry I missed seeing your question until now. We have a Drake safe, and have been very happy with it. He builds his own bodies and doors from scratch, using 1/4" plate with full seam welding (no bends as with lighter gauge bodies). Doors are fitted very tightly (ours 'whooshes' when it's opened) and door frames are very solid.

I first saw Drake at a local gun show (Fayetteville) several years ago, and after doing some homework we decided to buy from him.

opsman
March 7, 2012, 08:30 PM
I have already made a purchase of a Superior M40, I am awaiting delivery. It was in my price range and it will be delivered in the house as opposed to a drop ship to the driveway or installed in a garage which I do not have.

Green_Giant
March 8, 2012, 11:18 AM
When I bought my Drake, I asked about delivery and setup as I was concerned about getting the beast into my house. Mr. Drake said he would deliver and setup "anywhere that does not involve interior stairs". He backed his P/U right up to my front porch and rolled it in. He has a trick to getting it over the threshold using plywood and IRON rollers. I have moved it around using hardwood dowels and plywood a couple of times without any damage whatsoever to my floors. (Hey it worked for the Egyptians for thousands of years and still works today!)

opsman
March 9, 2012, 04:57 PM
That's great that he was able to do that for you, I hope the company I bought mine from does the same thing when bringing in my safe. Your right, the Egyptians did it for thousands of years. Not that I regret purchasing my Superior, I was hoping to find out more information on the Drake before I made my choice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Drake Safe Company" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!