Silencers

PDA

Jurist
January 7, 2012, 10:17 PM
Are suppressors legally allowed to be used on firearms in New Jersey?.

If you enjoyed reading about "Silencers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
crazy-mp
January 7, 2012, 11:41 PM
Only for Law Enforcement/Military

Ranb
January 8, 2012, 07:53 PM
Only for certain people.

2C:39-3. Prohibited Weapons and Devices.
c. Silencers. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any firearm silencer is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

g. Exceptions. (1) Nothing in subsection a., b., c., d., e., f., j. or k. of this section shall apply to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard,..... to any law enforcement officer while actually on duty or traveling to or from an authorized place of duty,.....

NJ is one of twelve states that ban civilian silencer possession. MI, KS and WA most recently amended their laws to ease restrictions on silencer possession/use.

Ranb

sturmgewehr
January 9, 2012, 08:53 AM
I wish a group with hearing loss would bring a civil suit against the states banning the ownership of suppressors.

It's strange, there are some "less free" European countries that have no restrictions on suppressors, they're viewed for what they are - safety devices. Here in the land of the free we struggle to own them with some states outright banning their ownership.

Ranb
January 9, 2012, 09:25 AM
I wish a group with hearing loss would bring a civil suit against the states banning the ownership of suppressors.

The reason they are still illegal in 12 states is because gun owners did not bother to say enough about it when they were banned and because they wish someone else would do something about it now. The last three states that eased restrictions did more than wish something was done, they actually did something about it.

Ranb

crazy-mp
January 9, 2012, 11:54 AM
It's strange, there are some "less free" European countries that have no restrictions on suppressors, they're viewed for what they are - safety devices. Here in the land of the free we struggle to own them with some states outright banning their ownership.

Most of those countries you speak of are also using Red Jacket technology, oh sorry 1970's washer and spacer technology. Many of the European suppressors are nothing more than ported shotgun barrels with pipe welded on and chore boy type media in between the barrel and tube. Yes they work, but not as effectively as a purpose built suppressor. Its like comparing a 2 liter bottle with t-shirts to a SS sparrow.

zignal_zero
January 10, 2012, 07:41 AM
Haven't y'all seen "Killer Elite"? Why waste money on a can when all you need is a loaf of bread :D

And whether or not they admit it, I bet there are a few folks here who couldn't make a sandwich for lunch the day after they watched that movie lol.

dglowe343
January 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
Only for certain people.

NJ is one of twelve states that ban civilian silencer possession. MI, KS and WA most recently amended their laws to ease restrictions on silencer possession/use.

Ranb
Michigan recently legalized civilian owned suppressors

EDIT: DUH, thats what u said. I misread your post.

Ironman
January 12, 2012, 12:19 PM
^
Now you can't own a loaf of bread and a gun at the same time in NY or CA. LOL!

thorazine
January 13, 2012, 01:00 PM
Are suppressors legally allowed to be used on firearms in New Jersey?

lol new jersey?

Fluxeii
January 14, 2012, 03:18 AM
I hate my state.

New Jersey, where adding a Flash Suppressor, Adjustable Stock, or BAYONET LUG to your AR-15 makes you a felon!

Ranb
January 14, 2012, 11:14 AM
What are you going to do about it? What has anyone done about it since 1994?

Ranb

If you enjoyed reading about "Silencers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!