Browning x bolt hunter trigger spring question

PDA

p5200
January 8, 2012, 07:58 PM
Has anyone else installed one of these springs in this gun and if so, was it longer than the factory spring? Mine was quite a bit longer and the pull weight is now a little over 4 pounds. I should have checked it before but didn't but it is for sure, harder to pull now even with the adjustment screw removed. I contacted ernie by email but I assume he's closed till tomorrow. My factory spring measures right around .230" long and the replacement was easy to see it was longer just by eye by more than the factory spring could have taken a set. I'm thinking I might have gotten the wrong spring by mistake but, I'm sure he'll get back to me to tomorrow. I was hoping maybe one of you might have had experience with this particular rifle/spring. Thanks! :) http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i136.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning x bolt hunter trigger spring question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Browning x bolt hunter trigger spring question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!