Looking for ranges in VA near Manassas Park

PDA

scythefwd
January 9, 2012, 10:35 AM
Im looking for ranges in VA near manassas park. I'd like to be able to go past 100y, but if that isn't possible.. oh well. I'm not looking to pay membership fees, but hourly range fees are doable. I'll also be willing to pay a little bit more for my ammo if that is a requirement to shoot on the range for free (same with reloading supplies).

Any suggestions? I already know about the NRA range and Clark Bros.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for ranges in VA near Manassas Park" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
627PCFan
January 9, 2012, 11:24 AM
Check out the Phelps WMA range near Remington, VA. I wouldnt say its close but unless you get into one of those high priced Fairfax and Prince William ranges its pretty much what your working with. Quantico is always an option if you wanted to head south.

Blackhawk30
January 9, 2012, 11:37 AM
Izzak Walton range is the closest one.I hear they are full membership wise.

gregj
January 9, 2012, 01:32 PM
Clark Bros in Opal (just south of Warrenton on Rt 29) has a "free" outdoor range. 25, 50 and 100yds for rifle, 7 and 15 yds for pistol. It's "free" but you have to buy their ammo/reloading components and targets to shoot there.

Phelps WMA (http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=17) Access permit went into effect 1/1/12, $4 for the day, $23 for annual.

jamesb
January 9, 2012, 03:57 PM
Check out the Alexandria Chapter IWLA, they are located in Stafford. Not too long of a drive and less than $100 dollars a year for a membership. Has a 25yd Pistol, 100yd rifle, wobble trap, archery ranges, club house and nice grounds. If you want to go out paast 100 yards look into the Quantico Shooting Club, they shoot on MCBQ and are able to get ranges out to 1000 meters.

Claude Clay
January 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
NRA is open to the public. and it is a great range.
call for cost and times of operation.

tyeo098
January 10, 2012, 04:25 PM
NRA is open to the public. and it is a great range.
call for cost and times of operation.
NRA is 10$/hr/lane

Expensive if you ask me...

I used to pay 10 bucks to shoot all day down in Florida

Batty67
January 10, 2012, 05:05 PM
The NRA HQ range is excellent, and goes to 50 yards (damn nice indoors), but is $14 (I was there less than 2 weeks ago) and almost alwyas so busy they strictly limit you to 1 hour. Or at least I've always been tapped on the shoulder when my time was almost up. Perhaps when it is "dead" (like a Tuesday late morning?), they'll let you shoot longer...?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for ranges in VA near Manassas Park" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!