Ranges in North Bend (WA)

PDA

kayak-man
January 10, 2012, 01:10 AM
I'm going to be spending the next 4 months up at the Fire Academy in North Bend, WA, and I was wondering if anyone knew what places were close by that I could shoot at?

I've heard there was a spot up on Tinkham road, but I drove up there today and couldn't find anywhere that was an obvious shooting pit. I maybe I need to drive farther up the road, or maybe shooting is no longer allowed up there, I don't know...

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just a spot a can put a target up and get some trigger time. Or, if anyone knows of a place where I could do some longer distance shooting as well, (100 + yards) my .30-06 and I would be very interested to know about it :evil:

Like I say, it doesn't need to be the most sophisticated range in existence: I'll be able to come home and shoot at KRRC and Bremerton Trap and Skeet Club on the weekends - I'm just looking for a place where I can sneak away to during the week to do some plinking, and if I'm lucky, long range rifle practice.

Thanks!

Chris "the Kayak-Man" Johnson

If you enjoyed reading about "Ranges in North Bend (WA)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sun195
January 10, 2012, 01:18 AM
You might check out Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club (http://www.svrifle.com/index.htm) - see if they'll let you join just for a few months. If you're up there that long, I'm assuming that you're a firefighter, so they may cut you a deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ranges in North Bend (WA)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!