New Kimber on the Way

PDA

TarpleyG
February 6, 2004, 06:19 PM
Well, I was going to buy a new Colt but ended up buying a new Kimber Custom TLE for a couple of reasons. First, it has night sights (albeit they are Meprolights, not sure about quality there). Second it has a checkered front strap. Third, I own a really reliable Kimber (pre-series II) now and love it. On the Colt (Gold Cup), I didn't really like some of the stuff on it. The beavertail, safety, and Bomar sight. It was a toss up. The Kimber was over $200 cheaper and I feel I got it for a song at $716. Guess we'll see. Should be here on Monday. Can't wait to shoot it.

GT

If you enjoyed reading about "New Kimber on the Way" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dobe
February 6, 2004, 06:50 PM
I understand your choice. For the quality, price, and features, I prefer the Kimber to the Colt also. I currently have six ( series I and II).. They are very reliable 1911's.

Good Shooting

Dobe

Tactical
February 6, 2004, 09:00 PM
you lucky SOB

I love Kimber's

PCRCCW
February 7, 2004, 12:06 PM
I just ran across a clean one owner only shot on sundays by a little old lady. :D
I love it and have a couple more tweaks to do to it.......to make it truely mine.

Shoot well.http://www.imageseek.com/hbeleather/gallery/albums/album14/P1010073.sized.jpg

Mike Bruno
February 8, 2004, 10:56 PM
I have two Kimbers ------- .45ACP and 9mm......both are great shooters for accuracy and that wonderful 1911 trigger.......

Dobe
February 9, 2004, 11:58 AM
One of my Kimbers is a 9mm. This is quickly becoming my favorite range handgun. Little recoil, very accurate, cheap shooting, plus the ergonomics and trigger of the 1911.

Dobe

dmftoy1
February 9, 2004, 04:19 PM
Congrats! I absolutely love my Gold Match II . . . .my only regret is that the weather isn't warmer so I could shoot it more. Right now I get about 40-50 rounds through it and my fingers are so cold that I can't feel the trigger! :)

Have a good one,
Dave

Smoke
February 9, 2004, 04:58 PM
Ya done good!

...and made the right choice IMO.

Smoke

If you enjoyed reading about "New Kimber on the Way" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!