is my kimber beginning to deteriorate?

PDA

awayne
January 12, 2012, 07:44 PM
guys, i have one of the original m82 kimbers, purchased around 1982. i have shot it over the years in a sadly random fashion, at paper and at squirrels. it has been remarkably consistent in its high level of accuracy. i use only cci green tags in it.

however, i have launched another foray into shooting this year, and i have noticed that the flow of bullets from the magazine into the chamber has become almost impossible without a temporary jam, *unless the process is treated with the utmost, almost gentle, movement of the bolt*.

it's not yet a disaster--but it does make shooting somewhat annoying, especially at the range. any suggestions as to a diagnosis of the problem, and any propositions for a solution?

If you enjoyed reading about "is my kimber beginning to deteriorate?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fleet
January 12, 2012, 07:57 PM
When was the last time it had a detail strip and clean?

Jim Watson
January 12, 2012, 08:11 PM
Magazine, magazine spring?

awayne
January 13, 2012, 12:02 AM
ah, jim, i have a 10 shot magazine that i have almost never used. i will insert that and check on any improvement.

thanks.

wayno

If you enjoyed reading about "is my kimber beginning to deteriorate?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!