Who is the best current C&R gun seller?

PDA

ArmedOkie
January 12, 2012, 07:50 PM
What are your favorite (cheapest and still reliable) C&R firearms dealers/distributors? I'm especially interested in mosin 91/30's and tokarev pistols.

I don't know many websites to look at, and am just kinda googling around. Anyone know some real goldmines?

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is the best current C&R gun seller?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Furncliff
January 12, 2012, 07:52 PM
I believe you will get a fair deal here...

http://www.allans-armory.com/aa.php

ArmedOkie
January 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
They are asking 130 plus shipping for hex receiver mosin's. Are hexagonal rifles worth more? this seems very high to me.

Cheapest I've located so far is 96 dollars shipped. I just figured I could get guns way cheaper. How can dealers afford to sell at that price? I want in on whomever THEY buy from :)

Hillbillyz
January 12, 2012, 08:11 PM
I've always been very happy with Classic Arms.

http://www.classicarms.us/

The Sarge
January 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
You have to stay up on them all. Pricing and availability comes and goes, up and down.
J&G Sales
Wideners
ClassicArms
AIM Surplus
SOG
Century Arms
on and on (many others)

I buy at least one C&R a month minimum. Bought another Yugo 24/47 this morning from SOG @ $145. Very same gun at others is over $200. Mosins right now are $79 @ AIM
Surplus. You just have to look at them all. Make a bookmark list in your browser. I have over 30 sights right now I check from time to time.

ArmedOkie
January 12, 2012, 08:14 PM
^ decent deal on tokarev! May order one from classicarms :)

ArmedOkie
January 12, 2012, 08:15 PM
thanks!

bigdogpete
January 12, 2012, 08:53 PM
What are your favorite (cheapest and still reliable) C&R firearms dealers/distributors? I'm especially interested in mosin 91/30's and tokarev pistols.

I don't know many websites to look at, and am just kinda googling around. Anyone know some real goldmines?
I have had good luck with SOG

bigdog

writerinmo
January 12, 2012, 11:15 PM
I've had good luck with Classic Arms, right now SOG has Chinese Type 53's in goo to very good condition for $149.:what:

HGM22
January 12, 2012, 11:24 PM
Have you tried a "big box" sporting goods store? Dick's/Dunham's frequently (as in monthly) has 91/30s on sale for $79.99. Better yet, you don't have to pay shipping or FFL fees, and get to start on that cosmo removal early.

Buck Kramer
January 13, 2012, 08:50 AM
Rguns.net/JGsales/centerfiresystems are the 3 I use.

jk2008
January 13, 2012, 09:07 AM
I've bought from Wideners, SOG, J&G Sales, and Empire Arms and have never had a problem with any of them.

machinecraig
January 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
I've had good experiences with Southern Ohio Gun, prices have always been good, and the description has always matched what I've received - their catalog is always nice to get in the mail. Aim Surplus, J&G, and the others mentioned in this thread also enjoy good reputations.

Personally, once I got my C&R I signed up for an internet fax account for a month (cost about $6) and faxed it to every major surplus dealer I could think of, not to mention Brownells and MidwayUSA (since you get nice discounts there if you have a C&R on file).

The Sarge
January 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
You also asked about what is a favorite "cheap and reliable" C&R.
I am in a unique situation (a good one) inasmuch as people come here to the ranch to shoot hogs. Mainly from Houston but I also get a bunch from Chicago, New York and yes Europe. Years ago some of the visitors saw the Mosins my Grandson was shooting at the time. They wanted to "shoot a pig" with one. Then it turned into them putting the bayonet on and taking pictures. So from there I bought maybe 2 cases of Mosins. Refinished all of them and rent them out. Now I have Steyr M95's (mostly 1917/1918), Mosin Nagants and Yugo 24/47's. I would have to say the Steyrs are far and away the most popular with the visitors. Very accurate. Light and easy to shoot. Privi makes ammo for them now (8X56R) so that is a blessing and we stockpiled over 1000 rounds of it. The Chinese Mosin (Type 53) Carbine is becoming very popular. I find the Chinese Mosin Carbine very nice and am curious why it gets such a bad rap? I dunno. Kills Mr. Pig with no problems :) Many Vietnam Vets like to shoot it.

When I get them I strip them to bare wood and put a couple coats of MinWax stain (varying colors) and 2 coats of Ployurethane. Of course soak and brush all the metal parts (take the bolts apart) in Mineral Spirits. Get the barrel/bore shiny and put 'em back together. They probably look better than when they were first issued :)

Anyway....Milsurps can be uber reliable, accurate and of course....mucho fun to shoot. C&R is a great hobby for sure.

And folks.....stop this "it is corrosive ammo" hysteria. Folks been shooting that stuff for over a hundred years. Just clean the gun afterward. No big deal. /rant bout corrosive ammo :)

The Sarge
January 13, 2012, 10:36 AM
Here are a few I am talking about in the overflow ammo closet. I have safes full of these but you'll get the idea.
Steyr M95's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/sgtgeek/CRGuns008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/sgtgeek/CRGuns010.jpg
Mosins and a 1927 Lee Enfield (Europeans love them Lee's)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/sgtgeek/CRGuns007.jpg
And one my Grandson did because it would be cool.....a 9 year olds version of a Mosin sniper rifle :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/sgtgeek/CRGuns009.jpg
Dont laugh...it is very accurate and flat out the most popular Mosin I have. Who would have guessed :)

Paris
January 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
I like to browse J&G. :)

Paris
January 13, 2012, 11:53 AM
I've always been very happy with Classic Arms.

http://www.classicarms.us/

That website is terrible to navigate...

racenutz
January 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
Have you tried a "big box" sporting goods store? Dick's/Dunham's frequently (as in monthly) has 91/30s on sale for $79.99. Better yet, you don't have to pay shipping or FFL fees, and get to start on that cosmo removal early.
The post is about C&R fireamrs. What FFL fees would that be?

The Sarge
January 13, 2012, 03:05 PM
You would have to have a FFL (C&R at the least) to transfer a milsurp if bought online. I believe that is what the gentlemen is saying.
You may be thinking about antiques. Antiques do not require a FFL.

allanschisel
March 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Does any dealer/distributor have hex laminate M91/30 Tulas with each rifles bore described and rifle individually photographed? All matching? All acces?
That's why mine cost $130 and up.
Allan Schisel

writerinmo
March 30, 2012, 09:30 PM
AIM has laminates for a base price of $99, seems the handpick for Tulas sold out quick.

allanschisel
March 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
AIM is the best large distributor in the business, maybe they'll get more.
Allan's Armory is out of Tula hex laminate 91/30s too.
A year ago I heard there were about two years worth of 91/30s left to import. Prices are already going up.
Allan Schisel

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is the best current C&R gun seller?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!