You guys gotta watch this video

PDA

TwoWheelFiend
January 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
Went on the Holland & Holland website. And this is the video that pops up when you go into the site.

Is this what rich British people do? The cool part is watching the guns get made. The other stuff made me laugh

http://www.hollandandholland.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "You guys gotta watch this video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JoeMal
January 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
Interesting video...makes me wanna go dust some clays!

TwoWheelFiend
January 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
Haha that was my thought! And apparently those guys like to have a few chardonnays and shoot skeet. My kinda people!

JoeMal
January 12, 2012, 10:07 PM
I personally think alcohol + firearms = bad news but to each his own. I save my beverages for afterwards when the guns are put away. I trust myself but I don't trust other people

TwoWheelFiend
January 12, 2012, 10:10 PM
I personally think alcohol + firearms = bad news but to each his own. I save my beverages for afterwards when the guns are put away. I trust myself but I don't trust other people
When I do drink a few beers while shooting I chose my company very carefully. Very very carfully

TwoWheelFiend
January 12, 2012, 10:12 PM
How can they possibly charge 90k for a new rifle. That is out of control.

exavid
January 12, 2012, 10:12 PM
This from a country that barely allows the rank and file citizens to own a firearm. That video is a good example of why we gotta keep defending the 2ndA.

Fred_G
January 12, 2012, 10:16 PM
They can have all that. I can keep my shotgun in my home with no duty to retreat, and my pistol on my hip.

Those are some nice looking guns!

FIVETWOSEVEN
January 12, 2012, 10:18 PM
Do you think these people would be slightly annoying if someone showed up and was shooting trap just as good with a Remington 870 Express?

FIVETWOSEVEN
January 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
When I do drink a few beers while shooting I chose my company very carefully. Very very carfully

:eek:

Ohio Gun Guy
January 12, 2012, 10:22 PM
and thus, the American Revolution........

;)

Mr transformer
January 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
Um….. O..Kay……….

There must be something in the water, that is the only explanation.
:barf:

Deus Machina
January 12, 2012, 10:39 PM
Yup, they charge that much because the only people allowed them can afford it. Really nice guns, though.

I don't see anything improper with shooting and drinking--in moderation.

TwoWheelFiend
January 12, 2012, 10:43 PM
Yup, they charge that much because the only people allowed them can afford it. Really nice guns, though.

thank you!

Fred_G
January 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
Do you think these people would be slightly annoying if someone showed up and was shooting trap just as good with a Remington 870 Express?
What an utterly uncivilized thought old chap.

OkieGentleman
January 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
I guess I am just a country hick at heart. I could see paying 7 or 8 hundred for a really nice shotgun. I would not do it as I am not a shotgunner, but I could understand someone else doing that. But $160,000.00 for a pair of used shotguns? I am sorry I have a better use for my money and I only paid $145k for the new house I am in. :what:

wojownik
January 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
How can they possibly charge 90k for a new rifle. That is out of control.

$90,000? You must be looking at one of the cheap ones. The 'Royal' Flanged Double Rifle goes for a mere $155,000

http://www.hollandandholland.com/gun_single.php?i=136&l=new_york&v=new&c=

TwoWheelFiend
January 12, 2012, 11:47 PM
That is asinine. Truely. They are incredibly beautiful rifles. I'd say possibly the most beautiful i have ever seen. But 155k? You can buy a Ferrari For less than that!

jakk280rem
January 12, 2012, 11:57 PM
Think that's something? Google Overfinch sometime.

exavid
January 13, 2012, 12:08 AM
Pardon me old chap, but if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

Lt.Dan
January 13, 2012, 12:12 AM
Does it make me fancy if I have some 375 H&H ammo? Haha.

HGM22
January 13, 2012, 12:20 AM
I don't have a problem with the video, though I do have a problem with elitism.

Those revolvers that are shown, are they H&H built guns or modified Webleys or something?

As to booze and guns, a beer probably wouldn't hurt, but I still wouldn't do it, especially around other people.

hq
January 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
$90,000? You must be looking at one of the cheap ones. The 'Royal' Flanged Double Rifle goes for a mere $155,000

It would be considered vulgar not to have shotguns in matched pairs, one to shoot and another for your loader, ready to be handed to you immediately after you've shot both barrels. Not to mention using just one pair of shotguns for all game. Two or three matched pairs of shotguns and three double rifles in different calibers should equip you adequately for most invitational hunting events.

I can be considered a bit of a social outcast, with only one "best gun" I got second hand, no staff to load it for me, and it'll probably take a good while before that'll change. Fortunately I feel much more at home hunting deer, moose or grouse with my buddies, with regular guns, dressed in camo, than in awkward dress-coded events where I'm just about the only person who isn't on first name basis with royalties and celebrities.

It's a different world altogether. Not something that's even ment to be understood or explained by common sense.

gathert
January 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
Those guys will also custom fit a land rover for gun racks that are cabinets in the back and a whole fridge setup with high quality adult beverages. They will even come refill your bottles of fine scotch or whisky within the first year for free when you get low.

pikid89
January 13, 2012, 12:34 AM
wow, if i showed up to my skeet range dressed like that, Id get laughed right out off the range

TwoWheelFiend
January 13, 2012, 12:37 AM
I would look like some sorta savage shooting skeet with my 870, truck doors open blaring Lynyrd Skynyrd.

230RN
January 13, 2012, 01:23 AM
Nicely done video. Makes me want to join the Peerage. Anyone know where I can get an application? Do you just write to Elizabeth Regis for one?

Hey, Liz!

How ya doing, babe? Say, just a quick note to see if you could have one of your Ministers send me an application for the Peerage. I would really like to live like one and be amongst the inner circle who can have guns.

Hope all's well with ye, and you have a Happy New Year.

Your pal,

Terry

TwoWheelFiend
January 13, 2012, 01:25 AM
Nicely done video. Makes me want to join the Peerage. Anyone know where I can get an application?
You need a Maserati dude! Prerequisite numero uno

Krogen
January 13, 2012, 01:29 AM
I'll go with a Winchester, jeans, flannel shirt and an ugly but good-natured bird dog.

Tim the student
January 13, 2012, 01:38 AM
Is this what rich British people do

I don't know about them, but I'd do some of that if I was a filthy rich American.

cleardiddion
January 13, 2012, 01:54 AM
Definitely a different gun culture for sure

Black Butte
January 13, 2012, 02:29 AM
I wish I was pompous and lived in England. Alas, I am not high society.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
January 13, 2012, 03:32 AM
I would be like most of us on here.

I would be happy with my Mossberg 500 with interchangeable barrels and a flannel shirt. I bet I could shoot with the best of them, all for under a grand, easily!

Take that! :o

jcwit
January 13, 2012, 03:52 AM

Neither does anyone else till something goes awry.

Same as drinking and driving, OK till the drinker hits something or someone.

Just my 2 cents.

mljdeckard
January 13, 2012, 03:59 AM
Wow, and me without my Grey Poupon.

ms6852
January 13, 2012, 04:13 AM
Ridiculous, wearing a suit to shoot. 90K is what I paid for my house 28 years ago. a

Deus Machina
January 13, 2012, 06:05 AM
Just my 2 cents.

That's why it's in moderation. If you're drinking enough to make what you're doing dangerous, that's excess.

One or two glasses of wine? Aside from the more petite ones there, I'd worry more about those terrible suits.

TwoWheelFiend
January 13, 2012, 11:02 AM

Just my 2 cents.
There is a huge difference between being drunk and shooting guns and having a few beers and shooting. If you know your limitations and moderate. You know when its time to put the guns away. I have enjoyed shooting with my close friends for years while enjoying a few beers when we do it. As long as you are in good company with people you know you can trust.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

TwoWheelFiend
January 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
Now im just waiting for someone to say "buzz shooting is drunk shooting" hahaha

zonzin
January 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
Amazing that the guns are still hand made using old work techniques in the era of automation. No wonder they are so expensive. They are fine looking firearms though.,

jcwit
January 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
There is a huge difference between being drunk and shooting guns and having a few beers and shooting. If you know your limitations and moderate. You know when its time to put the guns away. I have enjoyed shooting with my close friends for years while enjoying a few beers when we do it. As long as you are in good company with people you know you can trust.

Knowing your limitations & moderate happens daily in court, and its the drinker who looses. Alcohol & firearms & driving have NO place together.

Two beers put a 120 lb person over the limit.

The Sarge
January 13, 2012, 12:25 PM
I lived there for ten years.
People have their class and no lines are crossed. The elite have their privileges.

john wall
January 13, 2012, 12:33 PM
Only a person with character flaws will drink any amount of booze and handle a loaded firearm. If you have to justify it, you have a drinking problem.

Do you have to drink before you go to work? How about before you go to church?

TwoWheelFiend
January 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
Only a person with character flaws will drink any amount of booze and handle a loaded firearm. If you have to justify it, you have a drinking problem.

So you've never gone to dinner, had a drink and drove home?

Ky Larry
January 13, 2012, 12:46 PM
When guns are outlawed, only elitist Brit snobs will have guns.

In the 1970's I was stationed in England. I met an elderly British gentleman who had served as a government official in Kenya between the great wars. He was gracious enough show me his picture albums of hunting large game and bird hunting.He'd bagged more than one animal from the "Big Four', as he called them.(Lion, elephant,rhino, and Cape buffalo). He also let me handle and examine his collection of rifles and shotguns. I remember he had James Purdys,Holland&Hollands,W.J.Jefferys, Westley Richards,etc. Definately a different lifestyle.

gym
January 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
My darn silk tie keeps getting stuck on the rail of my AR.

HOOfan_1
January 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
My darn silk tie keeps getting stuck on the rail of my AR.

I wasn't sure if they were selling guns or cravats, ties and jewelry...

Oh I think I saw the sequel to this video on Monty Python's Flying Circus...it was called "Upper Class Twit of the Year"

john wall
January 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh175/ShootingCoach/FutureQueen.jpg

Future Queen of England.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh175/ShootingCoach/applesandoranges.jpg

Apples to oranges on having a drink with a meal and driving. Autos have safety devices such as seat belts, air bags, fenders, and the protection built into them in case of collision. Firearms have no provisions to protect one against negligence.

I have never shot a firearm after having a drink. Many years ago, before I became an adult, I drove after drinking a beer or two. After I became an adult, I realized only a childish person, or a very weak person, would put others at risk while buzzed or drunk.

As a firearms trainer and things related to them, I have seen court cases go bad for folks who "only had a drink or two" before a negligent act.

If you are cold sober, accidents can happen. If even slightly impaired, it becomes negligence.

Do you go to work or church buzzed?

BigSteve57
January 13, 2012, 01:09 PM
I for one would love to own one of their fine guns or "works of art". There's no question a Remington 1100 would break as many clays, IMHO. But why not enjoy both the fine shooting and the fine craftsmanship? To me it's like getting out the "good" china. It doesn't function any better than the Corelle but it's just nice to have for friends & guests on special occasions.

Viottato
January 13, 2012, 01:37 PM
Maybe Gander Mountain could do a video commercial with a Rem 870, Ford F -150, Carhart jacket, .........:neener:

k-frame
January 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
To paraphrase Bobby Jones after he saw Jack Nicklaus for the first time at Augusta National:

"They play a game with which I am unfamiliar."

RangeDS
January 13, 2012, 01:51 PM
Shooting opulence.

ThePlato
January 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
Pretty classy. I wouldn't mind having a fine suit like that. :)

BigSteve57
January 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
How about this:

Gold and silver-plated jewel-encrusted guns allegedly owned by drug cartel boss are seized in Mexico

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/7676921/Gold-and-silver-plated-jewel-encrusted-guns-allegedly-owned-by-drug-cartel-boss-are-seized-in-Mexico.html

I deplore drug dealers and the fact that it was drug dealers involved but I do like their guns. I wonder if any of them will come up for auction or if they're being kept for "safe keeping" by the Mexican police.

Mr transformer
January 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
One surprising thing I do have to say is, the price for their ammunition is not that bad at all.

http://www.classicshooting.com/shotgun-ammunition-holland-and-holland-12-gauge.htm

$105 (light loads) to $135 (paper shells) for a flat of 250. Around 50c a piece. Considering they are the classic fiber wad. They also say they are acceptable for vintage firearms.

Their slugs are a bit much at $4.20 a cartridge but their shot cartridges are perfectly reasonable.

1KPerDay
January 13, 2012, 04:36 PM
That is asinine. Truely. They are incredibly beautiful rifles. I'd say possibly the most beautiful i have ever seen. But 155k? You can buy a Ferrari For less than that!
The difference is the gun will still be running in a year. ;)

jcwit
January 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
Whats wrong with having the means of owning a finely, hand engraved, custom made firearm. No different than owning and wearing a Rolex, or driving an expensive Luxury Auto, or buying your wife diamond rings.

After all not everyone can be part of the 1%.

Justin
January 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
How about this:

Gold and silver-plated jewel-encrusted guns allegedly owned by drug cartel boss are seized in Mexico

How gauche.

Justin
January 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
Also, the perfect accessory for your H&H sporting guns is a matching Range Rover from Overfinch. (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/26/holland-and-holland-range-rover-by-overfinch-gun-and-booze-haulin/)

Larry Ashcraft
January 13, 2012, 06:20 PM
You can buy a Ferrari For less than that!
Yes, but your rifle won't need a $25,000 tuneup every 5000 rounds.

threoh8
January 13, 2012, 06:21 PM
1. Aren't all shooting clubs like that? ;)
2. I'm surprised that a Maserati was used, instead of Bently or Aston Martin.
3. Is that Jimmy Kimmel getting fitted for a jacket at 0:56?

camar
January 13, 2012, 06:52 PM
Very interesting video. Then in comes the nanny staters with their noses out of joint to remind us how holier they are than9 thou.
I bet they wear helmets when they go to bed-just in case they fall out.;)

Lex Luthier
January 13, 2012, 07:26 PM
Wow. Certain elements of that vid were simultaneously fascinating and boring.

Interesting to not that one might acquire a $108,000.00 shotgun from their store in NYC.

Mousegun
January 13, 2012, 08:20 PM
Me redneck shootin' club har in Tennessee is just like that one septin' we wear our most spensive plad shirts (and shorts) and we shoot the guns that grandpappy and dad used to use.

After the hunt, we sip moonshine in mugs just like them fancy folks and Clem tunes up our guns for free. He is sure to use his best hammer and rasp when he does it too.

Our ladys serve up the hogs we git with corn bread and grits and we discuss and solve the prolllems of the world foren' goin' home to the chillen'.

They ain't got nuthin' on us and we git to take our guns home too.

Makes me feel we got a better deal all around.

230RN
January 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
Help:

The drawers and compartments in that Land Rover by Overfinch look like particle board to me.

But that can't be.

Are they some kind of rare wood with a grain pattern like that? I'm not a woodworker, so I'm unfamiliar with wood grain lore.

browneu
January 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
I don't know how someone can shoot skeet without wearing camouflage. Also, where was the bonfire.

heron
January 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
Apparently, they also run a tailor's shop, too . . . guns and clothes made at the same place . . .

. . . and those weren't real Brits in that video -- they all had good teeth.

RangeDS
January 13, 2012, 11:14 PM
Think that's something? Google Overfinch sometime.
Interesting range rovers...check this Undergroundracing (http://www.undergroundracing.com/) send them your $400,000 car and they'll up the HP by 500 for a cool $109k.

p2000sk
January 13, 2012, 11:19 PM
I had read a story years ago here at this site of one of these H&H double shotguns having been recovered by LEO from theft. The barrels had been cut, and rather crudely. It was vivid and quite sad to read. I think that it was returned to the proper owner, and it cost about 40 or 50 grand to re-barrel.

PastorAaron
January 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
Wow. Just wow....
I'm going to have to thank my parents for birthing me here. I too, have a better understanding of the causes of the Revolutionary War.
And I've never gone to church buzzed, but I have preached post op on some POWERFUL pain medications. Man, do we have fun. Gonna be a repeat seeing as how I just had my wisdom teeth yanked :evil:
God Bless,
Aaron

friscolatchi
January 13, 2012, 11:48 PM
I wonder what they're asking for a "truncated fowling piece"?

HOOfan_1
January 13, 2012, 11:59 PM
Help:

The drawers and compartments in that Land Rover by Overfinch look like particle board to me.

Looks like Turkish Walnut to me...

splithoof
January 14, 2012, 02:01 AM
Guess I will be the first(?) to mention: Most (if not all) the shooters in the video lacked any type of eye protection. Guess their socialized medicine takes care of that stuff.

230RN
January 14, 2012, 04:35 AM
Thanks, HOOfan_1!

Sure could look like particle board from a distance:

http://www.tarjac.com/PatternImages/full/Turkish%20Walnut%20Brown%20%20(Special%20Order).jpg

No wonder they used that kind of wood. "Finest wood for gunstocks, furniture, etc."

Makes sense, now. Not your local lumberyard plywood, hah?

Terry, 230RN

Tinpig
January 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
Of course they're absurd...but they're keeping some extraordinarly fine craftsmen in work. Without the upperclass twits and the Saudi billionaires, who would be building beautiful handmade guns?
Same with the "gentleman yachtsmen." Their money sustains a wooden boatbuilding industry that would otherwise have died out in the fibreglass era.
Once those handed-down skills are lost they're gone for good.

Tinpig

exavid
January 14, 2012, 04:09 PM
Alas, if only my ancestors hadn't joined the Lancasterian side...

Larry Ashcraft
January 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
I don't know how someone can shoot skeet without wearing camouflage.
Huh?

I had to go back and watch the video again. There is no skeet shooting in it. Trap and Sporting Clays maybe, but I'm pretty sure there was no skeet.

exavid
January 14, 2012, 07:25 PM
Pretty obvious to me, trap and sporting clays don't have the keen eyesight that the elusive skeet do.:neener:

Weedy
January 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
What the devil? Hot women who like guns AND you can get cartridge-head cuff links? Brilliant!

EnfieldEnthusiast
January 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
At 01:41,that young guy is none other than Luton South MP Gavin Shukar,who is a Labour Party minister.He enjoyed his time on the clay range,apparently.The article below is from the link,ive provided.

A Shadow Minister has had his first experience of shooting sports thanks to the UK's largest shooting organisation, the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC).

Gavin Shuker, who is Shadow Minister for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and MP for Luton South, was given an introductory clay shooting lesson by a BASC-accredited shotgun coach at the Holland and Holland shooting ground in Middlesex.

Head coach Chris Bird took the lesson. Mr Shuker was given a full safety briefing then tried his hand at a number of different targets.

Gavin Shuker said: "It’s vital that the people who make laws understand the activities they legislate on. BASC do much for conservation in the UK and are fully engaged in Labour’s policy review. I was delighted to take up the offer of a lesson – it certainly helped with my hit rate!"

Samantha Edwards, BASC's political affairs officer, said: "He did brilliantly and hit most of the clays. He said he thoroughly enjoyed it."

Mr Shuker's lesson was part of an ongoing programme run by BASC to give as many politicians as possible hands-on experience of shooting.
http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/530482/Shadow_Minister_tries_his_hand_at_clay_pigeon_shooting.html

EnfieldEnthusiast
January 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
wow, if i showed up to my skeet range dressed like that, Id get laughed right out off the range
If you turned up at a formal,stuffy,shoot in Britain,pre-1989 with a 18" HD shotgun & cammo gear,everyone would frown& laugh at you.Formal shoots are very stuffy over there &semi-autos &pumps aren't popular in them,from what Ive read,from Micheal Yardleys Positive Shooting book.

Id rather hang out with the American shooters anyday,as most would support each others rights,whereas the stiffs tend to (with small exeptions:-)display callous "I'm alright jack" attitudes towards shooting & would sell their own communities out to save their expensive shotguns.Sad but true.Thats why it was so easy to ban those rifles & shotguns under The Firearm Ammendment Act 1988.
At least in America,a shooter is a shooter.

MuleRyder
January 14, 2012, 08:40 PM
We have the same group of elitists in this country...they're called US Senators. Think John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Chris Dodd, Ted Kennedy(RIP), et al.

EnfieldEnthusiast
January 14, 2012, 08:47 PM
We have the same group of elitists in this country...they're called US Senators. Think John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Chris Dodd, Ted Kennedy(RIP), et al.
Ah yes,that little lot.Was it true that JFK & Ted,both,owned M1 Carbines for target-shooting & hunting? I read that JFK owned an M1& that he liked the gun,because he used it in hi smilitary service in WW2. I know that John Kerry owns expensive shotguns,bolt-action rifles& has an elaborately-finished Remington 1100.At least in the USA,there's less of the stuffies,from what Ive seen.

exavid
January 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
Ah yes, that Kerry guy. He may own guns but he's one of the real hypocrites in the Senate. Guns are okay for the elite but not the hoi polloi.

http://www.nraila.org/issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=162

browneu
January 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
I don't know how someone can shoot skeet without wearing camouflage.

Huh?

I had to go back and watch the video again. There is no skeet shooting in it. Trap and Sporting Clays maybe, but I'm pretty sure there was no skeet.

My bad it's trap and sporting clays. They still need to be in camouflage.

silverking
January 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
Wrangler jeans and a mossberg----good to go!

230RN
January 15, 2012, 02:36 PM
Huh. Just on the theory that it would be outrageously expensive to join the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) mentioned above by EnfieldEnthusiast (Post 80) I checked out their membership fees.

UKŁ 66 for a one-year full membership comes out to US$ 101.

Huh. That was a pleasant surprise. Even riff-raff like me can afford that.

http://www.basc.org.uk

Apparently they also have a problem with with journalism:

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/media/shooting-the-facts-for-journalists.cfm

(This will provide a link to a PDF download.)

The section therein on gun crime, though, seems a little thin and I daresay almost apologetic. Just my opinion.

Terry, 230RN

EnfieldEnthusiast
January 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
Apparently they also have a problem with with journalism:
Yes you're not wrong there,except for the fact that there is a big problem with journalists whom like to write rubbish & lie,mixed-up with half-truths,to create propaganda.Some will research their facts&some will make up rubbish.lefties seem to do this alot,along with right-wing tabloids,owned by News International like The Daily Mail,whom can't tell the truth to save their worthless lives.
At least the facts are there,to counter the Gun Control Networks falsehoods.

SSN Vet
January 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
looks like a blast...

craftsmanship speaks for itself.

Certaindeaf
January 17, 2012, 05:52 PM
They probably wouldn't know a hi point from a hole in the ground.

jpwilly
January 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
Just oozes with elitism. I'll keep my mossy oak and Mossberg...unless I win the lotto! LOL

Bohemus
January 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks, HOOfan_1!

Sure could look like particle board from a distance:

http://www.tarjac.com/PatternImages/full/Turkish%20Walnut%20Brown%20%20(Special%20Order).jpg

No wonder they used that kind of wood. "Finest wood for gunstocks, furniture, etc."

Makes sense, now. Not your local lumberyard plywood, hah?

Terry, 230RN
Sure, almost like stock on my vz.58 :-)

blarby
January 28, 2012, 08:39 PM
I would give the left, or right one ( their choice) for a month in that foundry.

They could then have the other one by default for another month in the woodcarving room.

fpgt72
January 28, 2012, 11:19 PM
Ah yes, that Kerry guy. He may own guns but he's one of the real hypocrites in the Senate. Guns are okay for the elite but not the hoi polloi.

http://www.nraila.org/issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=162
And this is what you need to take away from this video...not the fine guns that are made, but who is allowed to have them....If some have their way it will be the same here.

Thefabulousfink
January 29, 2012, 12:31 AM
The elitism of the British or American upper class is well known with regards to firearm ownership. That being said, I will always appreciate exquisite craftsmanship and artistry. Do you scoff at the works of Michelangelo or Botticelli because they were made almost exclusively for the aristocracy?

If I had the money, I would gladly pay $155,000 for a Holland & Holland. I might even dress up in tweed to go shoot it. Then I would take off the tweed and go play with one of my full auto toys. :evil:
The guns do not have an agenda, if they aren’t your cup of tea, so be it. The elitist who say that the rabble can't own guns are the problem. However, if I find $200K on the street tomorrow, I could walk into H&H’s New York office, buy a rifle and there is nothing any duke, earl, or John Kerry could do to stop me.
:neener:

crazy4milsurps
January 30, 2012, 01:21 AM
I prefer Maltby, BSA and Fazakerley.

LY
January 30, 2012, 01:49 AM
Huh. Just on the theory that it would be outrageously expensive to join the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) mentioned above by EnfieldEnthusiast (Post 80) I checked out their membership fees.

UKŁ 66 for a one-year full membership comes out to US$ 101.

Huh. That was a pleasant surprise. Even riff-raff like me can afford that.

I'm not at all familiar with the BASC, but if it is anything like the video that OP put up from Holland & Holland, the membership might be cheap but you better be ready to bring your six-figure shotgun otherwise you maywill be shunned.

tarosean
January 30, 2012, 04:45 AM
works of art for sure....

Unfortunately it would get tossed in the back of my dually the same as my 870 and banged around for a one of a kind custom engraved look that only barbed wire can provide along with the nice worn patina..

Beagle-zebub
January 30, 2012, 08:53 PM
I'm confused.

Where is the Big-Mouth Billy Bass for the clubhouse???

RangeDS
January 31, 2012, 03:15 PM
I was at SHOT Show and stopped by the Perrozi booth...the all red carpet should have been an indication to me as to what to expect. I saw a $14,000 shot gun, a $55,000 shot gun, and then the mother load...a rack with a four shotgun set for $332,000.

SHOT Show Sticker Shock (http://www.rangedevelopmentservices.com/blog)

EnfieldEnthusiast
February 1, 2012, 04:28 PM
I'm not at all familiar with the BASC, but if it is anything like the video that OP put up from Holland & Holland, the membership might be cheap but you better be ready to bring your six-figure shotgun otherwise you maywill be shunned.
BASC is the UKs largest pro-gun organisation,which is a pro-hunting & pro-shooting,sports organisation,which has been mentioned by the UKs Gun Control Network,as being 'The British equiverlent to the American NRA' along with the UKs NRA,at the famous,historic shooting ground.
Yes, you will get shunned...lol...only joking.No,BASC welcomes all people from all walks of life,to take up shooting,to shed the image of a toffs or a middle-class,male-dominated,sport.They are also non-biased on types of guns too.I'm a member of them.

LAK
February 2, 2012, 06:24 AM
John WallOnly a person with character flaws will drink any amount of booze and handle a loaded firearm. If you have to justify it, you have a drinking problem.

Drinking is a pleasure. If you "have to drink" it is something else. Those who engage in it while shooting for pleasure are not the ones with a "drink problem". And usually those with "drink problems" have one big problem that boils down to a lack of self discipline and self control. Such people are often a menace - drinking or not.

This is a culture thing. It is and has been normal in europe and scandinavia (and elsewhere no doubt for the transplanted) for a long time.

RangeDS
February 9, 2012, 11:50 PM
They must the the one's buying Perrazi Guns. Anyone see there "set of 4" shot guns at SHOT Show? $332,000.00 not kidding. Yes I picked one up just had to. Still can't figure that one out.

If you enjoyed reading about "You guys gotta watch this video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!