LE support of CCDW laws

PDA

hnm201
February 6, 2004, 08:54 PM
I admit, I am asking you to help me do my homework. My searches on THR don't seem to be yielding the results that I am looking for.

I need references in the form of web links or names of organizations that provide some indication about how state and city police departments feel about CCDW laws. Pro or con (naturally, I'd like to see more pro), doesn't matter.

I'm in the midst of a rather protracted discussion on the 2nd Amendment and this would help my (our) side.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "LE support of CCDW laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
February 7, 2004, 12:00 AM
The Fllorida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) has a .gov website. They have issued press releases favoring CHL in that state.

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) also has a website. They have been very supportive of the CHL program. For instance, the law requires that instruction be at a range which has been inspected for safety and then approved by a DPS officer. I had no hassle whatsoever in getting approval for the range at my house.

Art

hnm201
February 9, 2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks. Does anyone know anything about LE in Northern states?

If you enjoyed reading about "LE support of CCDW laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!