Price check on M1A 20rd mags?

PDA

Braz
January 29, 2003, 03:57 AM
Hidy folks,

I've seen them for $99.00 online! Any cheaper mags to be had for those lucky folks outside of the PRK? Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check on M1A 20rd mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nightcrawler
January 29, 2003, 04:02 AM
Sure. First, make sure they're GI. The others don't work all the time.

CDNN has new in wrap, factory sealed mags for $54.99. Observe. (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/m14new20facs.html)

Cole Distributing (http://www.coledistributing.com/) has them new and used starting at $36.99. These guys are pretty popular, from what I hear.

Navy joe
January 29, 2003, 04:20 AM
Coles is good, I have also caught some online for 35 bucks. If you see them at that price, decide if the seller is reputable and act fast! Or I will ;) Would prolly pay 50 to get a new in wrap one. The ones that a TFL'er sold me for 35 bucks looked barely unwrapped, that's another reason why I like this place.

P.S. for some guns there are decent aftermarket mags. For example I can get a USA mag for an AR at 10 bucks and then make it reliable in a half hour. Not so for the M-1A, I've never seen a good one, pure junk. At issue is the locking lug on the back. GI are welded on, imitations stamped. Feed lips usually bend like butter. Never tried the Thermolds, ought to work. Barring that, again, make sure they are USGI!

Engineer
January 29, 2003, 04:37 AM
I believe Cole's might have a 10 for $310 deal going on as well, but you'll have to call them and ask if it is still in effect.

dinosaur
January 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
I found Cole`s to be the cheapest. The dealer I usually buy guns from had some for $60 ea. new. Usually he`s pretty reasonable. He sold em all though.

January 29, 2003, 03:45 PM
The real aggrivation about these mags is that there are probably 1,000,000 M14-type mags sitting in Taiwan(if they haven't been crunched) that can't be brought in...

critter
January 29, 2003, 04:15 PM
Most say that the Chinese made ones are as good as USGI ones. I bought some at a gun show last weekend for $30 NEW. Might try them.

Braz
January 29, 2003, 04:18 PM
Please do Critter,

Thanks for the advice folks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check on M1A 20rd mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!