Need help with My S&W M29-3

PDA

buckeyed
January 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
just got back from the range and after about 3 shots I knew something was way wrong. Started looking and realized I was about to loose my rear sight all that saved me was the the forward screw. What I need is a parts view of the rear sight ass. so I can figure out what I lost and get it replaced and also who to order it from. thanks for any help anyone has

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with My S&W M29-3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
January 15, 2012, 04:29 PM
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=650/schematicsdetail/N-Frame-29-3

rc

River Dog
January 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
You should not need any parts. The rear sight leaf etc. is staked together. You actually have to break the wind age screw to replace the leaf. There is a very slight possibility the the elevation stud came off, but if the front screw was still in the top strap when you noticed the sight was loose, all you need to do is tighten that screw. It is a small screw with a shallow slot, use a screw driver that fits perfectly, tighten with care.

Good Luck ,

Matt

dhepler
January 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
Yoy need a new "T" nut and elevation screw assembly. You probabley had the elevation extended a tad to much.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with My S&W M29-3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!