Are old gunpowder cans worth anything?

PDA

uglymofo
January 29, 2003, 07:34 AM
I've got a coupla empty cardboard cans--Herco, Blue Dot, Green Dot, Red Dot and a 12 lb can of 700x from the late 1960's and early 1970's. Are they worth anything as 'collector items'?

Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are old gunpowder cans worth anything?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jjmorgan64
January 29, 2003, 10:57 AM
Dunno
I've seen em at flea markets for between 5 and 20 dollars, never saw if they sold any of them.
Good luck with them

Mike Irwin
January 29, 2003, 12:01 PM
Not particularly.

Some REALLY old ones, pre WW I, may be worth a few more bucks, especially if they have intact lables and are from Du Pont.

I've got a bunch of these sitting around my reloading room.

vulcan
January 29, 2003, 01:06 PM
Put them on Ebay, One man's trash is another man's treasure.;)

Southla1
January 29, 2003, 02:37 PM
I have seen them on E-bay going for 3 to 5 bucks.

alan
January 29, 2003, 07:42 PM
Never can tell what "collectors" will buy.

Smokey Joe
February 3, 2003, 04:03 AM
Collectors will buy ANYTHING. The older it is, and better shape it is in, the more they will pay. Disgusting but true: If it is still in its original box, it is worth about twice as much.

Value is defined as what a willing buyer under no coercion will give a willing seller for a thing.

Unless you regard your house as a museum, don't save 'em and wait for the value to go through the roof (in most cases, it won't), put 'em on E-Bay now, make a few bucks, make some collector's day, and you can afford a new can of powder, that you can actually use! It's not as if what you sold for $5 will ever turn out to be a Van Gogh in disguise.

bogie
February 4, 2003, 02:00 PM
I'd like to locate a nice LARGE one, preferably metal, that would make a nice table lamp.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are old gunpowder cans worth anything?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!