CZ 527 Operator Error - Bolt Reassembly

PDA

scotter63
January 16, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hello, All. I'm new to this forum, spending most of my time at sigsauer. This looks like a teriffic place, so here goes:

I purchased my first bolt action rifle on Friday and tried to put the bolt into it today. It's a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet and no matter how gently I tried, I couldn't get the bolt into the receiver. I looked at the instuctional pictures in the manual and tried unscrewing the back of the bolt, thinking that might help me figure how to insert the bolt. The bolt handle fell off and now I can't put the bolt and handle back together.

I'd at least like to get the bolt put back together properly. I've searched all over the internet but can't find the info I need. Can someone here help?

Many thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 527 Operator Error - Bolt Reassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
January 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
Call 1-800-955-4486, and the guys in gunsmithing will walk you right through it. I had one part turned upside down in mine and the safety wouldn't engage.
The bolt handle is almost held in by friction - do you still have your manual?

Here's what the manual says, dis assembly, and reassembly,
...remove the bolt from the rifle. Grasp the bolt body with your left/right hand, and with the other screw off the bolt sleeve approx 90 degrees to the left, (fig 9). Doing this releases the firing pin spring and makes it possible to pull the bolt handle out off the bolt body, and subsequently also the firing pin with the bolt sleeves and firing pin spring...Please note carefully the correlated positioning of the parts, especially ofthe bolt body and the bolt body sleeve. After each dissasembly, and reassembly of the bolt, check yourself if it is possible to engage the safety...

http://www.cz-usa.com/assets/files/cz527_en.pdf

scotter63
January 17, 2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks a lot, armoredman. I do still have the manual and I guess that I didn't concentrate on the section that you refer to. It seemed like I was going to have to apply longitudinal pressure to the bolt in order to get it back together.

I really do appreciate your response to my question. I'll use the phone number that you posted and then let you know how I make out.

I hope that you have a good day.

scotter63
January 17, 2012, 04:27 PM
armoredman,

Thanks again for your help. The phone number that you gave me did the trick. A fellow named Neale, phoned me back in about 10 minutes and we found that the bolt was no longer cocked. The bolt inserted properly after it was cocked.

This is my first "manual" bolt action firearm and I've already learned an important lesson.

Take care, and be well

Maverick223
January 17, 2012, 06:14 PM
Little late to be of any use, but happy to hear that you have everything sorted. Anyway, welcome to THR!

:)

86250rrippin
April 2, 2012, 01:45 AM
this thread is several months old but i got a chuckle from this. i bought the same gun and had the same issue, cocking the bolt fixed it right up. i knew i assembled it right !! good stuff:rolleyes:

ifit
April 2, 2012, 03:24 AM
same here, few years back when i had my 527 varmint with bc stock, decided to take apart the bolt and all i can say at the time partially bold due to the fact almost went crazy pullin my hair out tryin to put the darn thing back again, eventually figured it out and will never do it again. thats my problem sometimes like to take things apart then i suffer for it..LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 527 Operator Error - Bolt Reassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!