Modified Troy Claymore Muzzle Brake


PDA






GI_Jared
January 16, 2012, 06:42 PM
So today I had some time to finish of my project of turning my Troy Claymore muzzle brake into more of a flash suppressor. To do this I drilled a bunch of 1/8" holes into the body of the brake that covers 3/4 of the diameter around the brake. I didn't drill any holes into the bottom of the brake just like on a standard A2 flash suppressor. I had some trouble in the beginning with breaking drill bits, but with the advice of other members I cranked up my RPMs and everything went great. I used solid carbide drill bits from Fastenal and drilled at 720rpms. Also, lots of cutting oil is very helpful because the brake is made out of very hard steel. Pics are below of the process.

Drilling lots of holes
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/IMAG0185.jpg

I used some cold blue to finish the holes, it turned out pretty nice
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/IMAG0188.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/IMAG0190.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/IMAG0191.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/IMAG0195.jpg

this is a pic of the bottom of the brake which was left completely intact as to not kick up any dust when shooting in the prone.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/IMAG0196.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Modified Troy Claymore Muzzle Brake" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BP44
January 16, 2012, 10:29 PM
Looks loud:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Modified Troy Claymore Muzzle Brake" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!