Reloading Label

PDA

denton
January 17, 2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6057864#Post6057864

These print on Avery 5160 labels, 1" x 2 5/8", 30 per page.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading Label" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
W.E.G.
January 17, 2012, 11:07 PM
I print labels on plain white paper, and tape them to the ammo cans with quality tape.
Then I stick identical copies of that label in whatever container (usually ziplock bag) within the can.

I quit trying to scribble information on somebody else's idea of what I need to know about my reloads a long time ago.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/reloading/ammocanwithlabel.jpg

Those Avery labels stick to ammo cans like bumper stickers on a Mercury.
When you want to peel-off your Mondale-Ferarro sticker, you've got a real annoyance on your hands.

denton
January 17, 2012, 11:11 PM
When you want to peel-off your Mondale-Ferarro sticker, you've got a real annoyance on your hands.

Easier to sell the car!

Actually, they peel of plastic ammo boxes pretty well.

NeuseRvrRat
January 17, 2012, 11:27 PM
you could just put the next label on top

cfullgraf
January 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
There are some labels with the Post-it note adhesive on them. They should remove ok. I have some under trial but they have not been stuck on the boxes for very long yet.

I also like to create my own label to put the info on that I want.

1SOW
January 18, 2012, 12:45 AM
W.E.G.

I print labels on plain white paper, and tape them to the ammo cans with quality tape.
Then I stick identical copies of that label in whatever container (usually ziplock bag) within the can.

I do the same for pistol rds on my MTM boxes of 100.
If I change the label, I tape another one on top of the old.
Scotch Magic Mending Tape hasn't ever come off

I print the simple one-line labels, lots of labels, and cut them off as needed.
All other detailed info kept in my records.

W.E.G.
January 18, 2012, 01:08 AM
There are some labels with the Post-it note adhesive on them. They should remove ok.

Yeah, they do.

Unlike the Mondale-Ferraro bumper sticker kind, the "removable" labels are self-removing over a fairly short period of time.

All of that is why I just use plain paper and good Scotch tape.

cfullgraf
January 18, 2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah, they do.

Unlike the Mondale-Ferraro bumper sticker kind, the "removable" labels are self-removing over a fairly short period of time.

All of that is why I just use plain paper and good Scotch tape.

I would not doubt it.

For years, no decades, I have been using Post-it notes for labels for a long time. I just write the info on them, then I put them inside the ammo box. The label sticks inside the box for a looooong time. With the Post-it notes not having adhesive over the entire sheet, there is a tab that gets caught on something and the label gets pulled off. (I have also used file card stock cut to smaller size and placed in the box.)

I decided to try the pre-cut labels and print blanks to be filled out. If the adhesive does not hold over time, I will return to putting the label inside the box. I probably then won't buy any more labels.

I put new labels on the boxes each time the box is used. I reference a lot number so that I can trace the ammunition back to my reloading records. I like to be able to remove the label and not leave debris behind or take forever to remove the sticker. I was never a fan of Mondale-Ferraro any way.

It works for me, but it is not the only way to label ammunition. What ever works for the individual is the best.

FROGO207
January 18, 2012, 10:33 AM
I sort my ammo in 50- 100-150-200 round quantities in quart ZipLoc freezer bags inside of ammo cans. the can is labeled with caliber and whether it is lead or jacketed. I use old paper scraps (cut up envelopes etc.) with load data stuffed in the baggie. When it is time to reload the empty brass in the baggie I pull out the paper and load them up same as what I used and replace them in the ammo can. Easy for me to do--a sort of inventory control if you will.:)

dickttx
January 18, 2012, 10:39 AM
I print these on Avery 5163, ten 2x4 per sheet. I stick them on my 100 round plastic ammo boxes. I overlap them so I can see how many times that particular box has been loaded. Occasionally pull them all off without any problem. Some I had on for 40 years were a little harder.:D

Bud0505
January 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
I use Avery's Repositionable shipping labels #58163. They are removable.

r/Bud

RandyP
January 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
Sme here, I created my own label in Word and use a Stock Avery label set that the software recognizes. Easy-peasey way to have a label that records only what info I want for less $$ than store-bought someone else's idea of what data I need.

Stormin.40
January 18, 2012, 02:03 PM
I use a label maker that prints single spaced words/letters on lables that can be removed. These are designed for crafts, I use the one they have at work but thought about suprising my wife with a scrapbooking gift!

I label all my ammo boxes/cans with these. I print one for all the important information, caliber, bullet type, powder, powder charge, and OAL. From time to time I put the bullet mfg. on as well but I don't have that many different bullet. If I change a portion of the load say powder charge I simply remove that single label and replace with the correct charge label.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading Label" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!