Need Rem 582 Firing Pin Dimensions

PDA

The Grand Baboon
January 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
As the title says, if someone could whip out the calipers and tell me what the dimensions of the firing pin for a bolt action Remington 582 I would be most pleased. The pin on my dad's old gun from his childhood broke a couple years back and we've never gotten around to (or remembered) it until now.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Rem 582 Firing Pin Dimensions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
splithoof
January 18, 2012, 11:43 PM
How old is it? I have a 582 from the 1980's (has put more small game on the table and varmints out of the orchards than I can count), so there might have been changes over the production years. Have you tried to look it up from the Gun Parts Corp (if they still exist)?

The Grand Baboon
January 19, 2012, 01:15 AM
I don't know how old it is, my dad used it in the late 60's and 70's.

NCsmitty
January 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
Here's a link to Numrich Arms parts list and schematic. They are showing a replacement firing pin in stock, Item # 23.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=4317

NCsmitty

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Rem 582 Firing Pin Dimensions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!