GOP candidates position on 2nd Amendment?

PDA

rajb123
January 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
It seems that the moderators of the High Road do not want this subject matter discussed here.

Why is that?

If you enjoyed reading about "GOP candidates position on 2nd Amendment?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rail Driver
January 19, 2012, 12:26 PM
I think it's probably because people that discuss the topic tend to stray from the "guns only" stance of the High Road. The problem with this is that candidates simply can't be discussed on one issue alone because of the importance of other issues. 2nd Amendment considerations simply cannot be the only discussion point when deciding on a candidate.

I'm not saying I agree with the way every single thread has been closed (some for no apparent reason), and I can't say I agree with the way discussion has been stifled (especially since it's SO important to get someone that gun owners can trust in office).

That said... Ron Paul is, I believe, our strongest 2nd Amendment supporter, as well as being the only candidate that has any respect for the American People, or the Constitution.

MtnCreek
January 19, 2012, 02:07 PM
A lot of those threads get off topic (I'm guilty of that too). I think after cleaning up or closing several threads on the subject, they probably see another similar thread and zap it too (preemptive strike).

henschman
January 19, 2012, 02:34 PM
I think the threads end up getting closed because there is one candidate (Ron Paul) who has an exceedingly strong record of support for the 2nd Amendment, much more so than the other candidates... and since he is kind of the standard by which others are judged on this category, he frequently becomes the center of discussion. Some people do not like him for his stance on other issues... and so to discuss their reasons for supporting or not supporting him, people have to get off the subject of gun rights and get into other stuff like foreign interventionism, the legislation of morals, prohibition, etc.

hso
January 19, 2012, 07:07 PM
It seems that the moderators of the High Road do not want this subject matter discussed here.

If that were the case the threads would be removed as they were opened. Hyperbole aside, it isn't logical to make such a claim when there are threads that ran for pages in Activism Discussion on the individual candidates.

Rail Driver touches on the problem in post #3. The threads that have been closed (for reasons other than the candidate dropped out of the race) have wandered from the RKBA point or completely hijacked onto other issues. Our role at THR is to focus on retaining/restoring/reinvigorating the 2A and our individual RKBA.

If you enjoyed reading about "GOP candidates position on 2nd Amendment?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!