Reloading bench

PDA

blarby
January 21, 2012, 05:06 PM
Personally, I like herbal tea.

I keep it on its own separate table extension :)

What liquid reloading component is essential to your reloading process ?

How do you keep it around the bench, and how important is it to your process?

How much room does your beverage equipment rob you of in your sanctum ? Is it robbery ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading bench" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LordDunsany
January 21, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hot coffee for me....

No wasted space except for a coaster for the mug. I do the brewin' and mixin' in the kitchen.

Pulling that lever is dry work indeed!

Ron in Texas

beatledog7
January 21, 2012, 05:25 PM
To be completely honest, if all I'm doing is brass prep, it might be an adult beverage.

If powder or primers are involved, then it could be anything from cold (but not iced) tea to fruit juice to hot coffee with milk.

Either way, no food prep happens in the gun room.

mo841
January 21, 2012, 05:32 PM
a 2 liter of pop. cola is the best.

thomis
January 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
I have no problem drinking beer while I'm reloading. I'm just careful as can be and I take my time. I only do single stage and I'm not after numbers, just quality so it works for me. I keep my beer in one of those half pint fridges in the man shed where the reload bench is. It doesn't rob me of any space.
And I like it.

J_McLeod
January 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
Beer for me as well. Usually Blue Moon, Full Sail, Four Peaks or a Dark Stout or Porter. If I'm loading on the progressive I'll open it up afterwards when I'm cleaning and making notes. If I'm loading on the single stage or sorting brass I'll have it during. I also have no problem drinking while reloading. I don't feel impaired at am still legal to drive until at least two, sometimes more. I rarely have more than one per night regardless of what I'm doing.

When I lived in Western Washington and reloaded it the garage in winter it was hot cocoa, sometimes with Bailey's.

GT1
January 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
Jolt cola, all the sugar and twice the caffeine.

Gotta keep an eye out for zombies. :uhoh:

cfullgraf
January 21, 2012, 09:58 PM
Jolt cola still around?

I might have a carbonated soft drink on the reloading bench, these days Coke Zero. I preferred plastic bottles that I can cap.

JO JO
January 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
reloading sometimes a beer or two, brass prep sometimes a beer or five or a cold vodka gimlit x ?

Metal Tiger
January 21, 2012, 10:52 PM
Oolong Tea is better than Green tea any day especially made in an Yi Xing tea pot.

capreppy
January 21, 2012, 11:34 PM
Brass prep or loading, it is usually tea. Want to be awake and aware. Reloading can be monotonous and I need to stay focused.

January 22, 2012, 12:19 AM
water

J_McLeod
January 22, 2012, 12:59 AM
water
That's a good one to have where we live.

January 22, 2012, 01:05 AM
yes it is

floydster
January 22, 2012, 09:00 AM
JD single barrel:)

Fishslayer
January 22, 2012, 11:02 AM
Coffee, with protection. Big cup usually sits to the right of my Classic Yurret.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/THE_Fishslayer/OSR/CoffeeProtection.jpg

oldreloader
January 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
Coffee. I never drink coffee unless I'm with somebody or by myself.

cemjr
January 22, 2012, 03:36 PM
mini fridge in the shop is stocked with NA beer for me, the full strength stuff is for visitors

lightman
January 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'll have a beer or two while doing brass prep.Unless its in the morning,then coffee.My loading room is between the garage (beer fridge) and kitchen (coffee pot), so no lost table space. Lightman

THe Dove
January 22, 2012, 06:33 PM
I gotta admit if I'm just prepping brass, it's Old No. 7. If sizing/lubing boolits, it's Old No. 7. If I'm reloading (ie. priming/powder/seat/inspect/record), then I usually have a cheek full of Beech Nut or Red Man, no liquid near the bench. I get a drink of water, if/when needed, from the sink in the kitchen every now and then.

The Dove

Arkansas Paul
January 22, 2012, 08:16 PM
I'm a southern boy, so it's usually sweet iced tea for me. We do have the man cave cleaned out now and it's time for a mini fridge in there I think.

blarby
January 27, 2012, 09:27 PM
Mmmm...sweet tea !

Ridgerunner665
January 27, 2012, 09:31 PM
I gave up the good stuff a while back (never drank it while reloading anyway), never have cared for coffee, never really liked sodas either...I drink mostly water, milk, or iced tea...mostly water.

Sommerled
January 28, 2012, 01:43 AM
Lemon Zinger hot tea if it is evening.

Water in the afternoon.

Coffee if it is morning.

Whiskey if I'm sorting 380 out of a pail of 9mm brass

Certaindeaf
January 28, 2012, 01:51 AM
Black as hades coffee. It's always cold though I like it hot. I double nuke it upstairs and put it in a preheated double insulated steel mug but it's always cold when I lay a lip on it. Gonna have to get on that somehow.

flashhole
January 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
A cold beer or two or three if I'm doing brass prep. Haven't had soda pop in the house for years. That sugar is nasty stuff and will put you in an early grave. Black decaf coffee too if it's still early in the day. No beverages of any kind if I'm handling powder or primers.

Jeff H
January 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
Depends on the time of day. Coffee for most of the day and Bud Light in the evenings.

irondavy
January 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
A cold tall glass of homebrewed beer goes well with brass prep. Once the primers and powder comes out I sober up though. If there was an accident the first thing that would be blamed is the beer, whether it was an issue or not.

ID

blarby
January 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
Amen Davy.

Homebrewed cartridges and homebrewed beer. Thats truly the spirit !

dagger dog
January 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
If I want to get serious and all my brass is prepped and bullets lubed, a triple espresso, very dark roast, freshly ground and brewed, 2 heaping tablespoons raw sugar, water back, WFPK 91.9 FM Louisville, streaming or on the radio,good enough for a 6 hour session at the bench with a couple breaks to leave and take some water.

blarby
January 28, 2012, 08:10 PM
Espresso...nice choice !

If you love that much sugar, try a Cubano shot once in a while....my wife swears by them. I wonder if I could fit an espresso machine near the bench.........

I wonder if that would make her come near the bench more often..........

HAAAAY .:evil:

hogshead
January 28, 2012, 08:18 PM
Budlight.

dihnen
January 28, 2012, 08:24 PM
I live in Seattle, so a series of trips to the 72 espresso stands within 1/2 block of my reloading bench is all I need. We have to stay sharp here, with all that caffeine, the zombies will be able to run :cool:

rem22long40x
January 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
In deep East Texas Its Iced Sweet Tea for me

Certaindeaf
January 28, 2012, 08:35 PM
You people.

788Ham
January 28, 2012, 11:49 PM
J_McLeod, that Blue Moon sounds good, used to work for the outfit that brewed it, 37 years then I retired. I haven't had a brew in almost 28 years though.....

dagger dog, that espresso sounds soooo good, a triple huh? Might have my hair standing on end if I had 2 of those! Gotta keep straight when powder time comes, but damn!

res7s
January 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
I don't allow beverages in my loading room. I'm part Murphy, and I just can't risk it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reloading bench" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!