Firearms Refinisher in Illinois?

PDA

Martowski
January 21, 2012, 11:18 PM
Anyone know of a firearms refinisher in Illinois? I'm in Central IL and would like to know if anyone knows of gunsmiths that do hard chrome or electroless nickel finishes in the area.

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms Refinisher in Illinois?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oldandslow
January 22, 2012, 02:21 AM
mart, 1/22/12

Can't help you with your home state but I have sent out ten pistols and one rifle for refinishing to Techplate (www.techplate.com) in California. Prices are good and they're back to me in four weeks. They have great email customer service mainly through a gent named Marshall. I've had nine of the pistols hard-chromed, one rifle hard-chromed and one aluminum pistol frame black-anodized. I couldn't be happier. Good luck and take a look at their website.

best wishes- oldandslow

Martowski
January 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks. I'll take recommendations for non-IL shops as well since I may not have luck finding one locally.

BigEasy
January 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
Hi Martowski:

Call Bill Oglesby of Oglesby & Oglesby in Springfield, IL. His phone number is: (217)
487-7100. He is a 4th generation gunsmith and does excellent work.

Hope this helps.

Martowski
January 23, 2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks.

hey_poolboy
January 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
Brownell's in Bloomington doesn't do it, but they may be able to direct you to someone who does.

Martowski
January 25, 2012, 11:29 PM
Brownell's in BLM? Have a website or number?

hey_poolboy
January 28, 2012, 06:44 PM
Wow, talk about a brain fart!

Should have been Darnall's, not Brownell's. I was on Brownell's website on another tab in my browser when I typed that.

Darnall's (http://www.darnalls.com/)

Martowski
January 28, 2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks poolboy. Yes, been to Darnall's quite a few times shooting at the indoor range.

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms Refinisher in Illinois?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!