A friend got ripped off...

PDA

bogie
January 29, 2003, 10:46 AM
Someone broke into Stiller Precision Rifles, in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and grabbed some stuff - these are custom rifles, with anodized aluminum actions (similar to Stolle Panda), fancy stocks, etc...

==============

Well it happens to the best of us. We got broken into and 6 rifles were stole. A lot of good a $2000 safe does if it aint locked. If you guys see any of the following let me know.

VIPERS:
serial # a0027, marketing rifle, gray stock with our name on it.

serial # a0034, rainbow colored gun on our website

serial # b0158, gray marble edge drop port

serial # x0008, prototype gold action with texas flag stock

PYTHON
serial # b5001, blue laminated wood shehane stock with nightforce scope

Anshutz 22 rimfire rifle serial # 54965

Let me know and wing to slow em down if ya get the chance.

If you enjoyed reading about "A friend got ripped off..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
January 29, 2003, 11:32 AM
That really sucks :fire:

Redlg155
January 29, 2003, 12:21 PM
What sucks is that they were stolen.

What may help matters is that the guns were definitely unique. I would think it would be harder to sell guns that were highly customized and so easily recognizable. I wouldn't think any of the area pawn/gun shops would dare touch them, but it might be worth a look.

Good Shooting
RED

mjustice
January 29, 2003, 01:02 PM
Is there a national register/database of stolen guns?

MJ

ball3006
January 29, 2003, 01:14 PM
I will keep my eye out, however, I think this will end up being a gang thing and that's where they will show up.....chris3

bogie
January 29, 2003, 01:24 PM
Hey, I can just see a gangsta trying to figure out where to get tight-neck 6PPC ammo for these single shots...

I suspect that they'll try to fence 'em, and then if they can't, they'll end up in a ditch. Pity.

kalibear45
January 29, 2003, 02:06 PM
Yiiikes! :what:

Hope they find the thief, he obviously knew what to look for, sounds kinda fishy to me...

PATH
January 29, 2003, 02:54 PM
That is pretty unique stuff that they opted to take. Hmmmm? I don't kniw that someone would try to sell that stuff since a good deal of it is recognizable. Sorry to hear about your loss though!

Kahr carrier
January 29, 2003, 08:39 PM
It will be hard for the thieves to get rid of them they sound pretty unique . that sucks.:(

Don Gwinn
January 29, 2003, 09:38 PM
Smart crooks. Those should be soooo easy to fence. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "A friend got ripped off..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!