Century FAL

PDA

303 hunter
January 25, 2012, 10:14 PM
Any opinions on the Century FAL? I bought one when they first came out, and have had no problems. I have about 2000 rounds through it. Have any of you had any experience with this rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "Century FAL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Red October
January 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
I picked one up last year, and it shot feet low at 100 yards. Poking around the web, I noticed others with the same complaint. Although the rifle was supposed to be full metric, apparently in some cases the front and rear sights are from different pattern rifles. I swapped out the back sight with one from Numrich, and it's all better now.
It is rather picky about ammo, though. Doesn't like any brand steel case.
Had to adjust the gas port, as it was keyholing at first, but that isn't really all that unusual from what I gather.

M1key
January 26, 2012, 04:05 PM
Multiple FAL-owner here, including one of the Hesse-receivered (alleged spawn of Hell) models. It shoots like a champ. The CAI will work fine for you. Granted it ain't top o' the line, but if you have problems they are easy to fix.

M

Robert
January 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
I had a CAI and it was worthless.

M1key
January 26, 2012, 06:57 PM
Mine is an earlier one built from original STG parts (save the Hesse) with a mil spec barrel. $400...

YMMV...:cool:

M

armoredman
January 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
If you got a good Wednesday rifle, great! Many century built rifles are junk, but there are a lot of people who are quite happy with theirs.

W.E.G.
January 26, 2012, 08:16 PM
Some Century FAL's had serious issues.

Some function just fine.

Those are about the only generalizations that can be made about thousands of rifles assembled from used parts, and in just about every Rubber-Man-on-Twister configuration you can dream up.

If you have a blind-pinned muzzle device, what they did to your barrel is unfortunate.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/rifle%20pics/CETME/muzzlemangled-blindpinsgtmike.jpg

M1key
January 26, 2012, 09:00 PM
Here is my 300 yd steel pig-spanker with 4x Leupold. I also shoot it with a 4MOA Aimpoint. One of these days I am going to try some of my match reloads and see what she will do on paper at 100yds.

M

If you enjoyed reading about "Century FAL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!