Pricing help needed!

PDA

jferguso
January 26, 2012, 07:31 PM
My buddy is selling a rifle and I need to know what to offer him. Here are the stats:

-Sabre Defence XR-15 "M5" flat-top with mid-length gas system, m4 stock, 1/9 twist chrome-lined barrel
-Fixed front sight, flip up rear BUIS
-Daniel Defense Omega rail
-EoTech 512 optic
-Surefire g2 light with mount
-Polymer vertical foregrip
-Vickers Combat sling with swivel mount
-Ergo grip pistol grip
-Original soft case and 3 mags

He bought the rifle a couple years ago for target shooting and it has maybe a few hundred rounds through it. It is perfect functionally and almost perfect cosmetically. What would you guys pay?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pricing help needed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
J-TIPTON
January 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
I would use my own buying "LAW" get it for half what I think its worth and if its more than he wanted o well. You'll still sleep good at night thinking you stole it...........!!!

ms6852
January 27, 2012, 03:25 AM
Brand new they run around $1500 for the rifle. Offer $1300 for the rifle, and $350 to $375 for the Eotech if you wanted.

jferguso
January 27, 2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. Tipton, I hope you are kidding. I didn't ask about wheeling and dealing at a pawn shop. I'm all for getting a good deal, but if I don't have the money or don't care to pay a fair price, why even insult your friend of all people with a crap offer?

Shadow 7D
January 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, realize a gunshop and even MORE SO a pawn shop would maybe offer him maybe 300-400 for it, the ONLY way to realize full used price/value is to sell it yourself.

a shop will at MOST offer 1/4 to 1/3 of the price they think they can sell it for.
NOW, half the going used price is still more than he can hope to sell it to a store for.

wyohome
January 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
Cabela's will offer 70% of their actual selling price, for rifles that they want.

Frankl03
January 27, 2012, 02:04 PM
I don't think I would offer anything above $1200 for everything Eotech included!

ymmv

If you enjoyed reading about "Pricing help needed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!