Remington matte stainless finish....

PDA

BBush
January 27, 2012, 09:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone has a simple solution on how to fix a small "shiny" rub mark on the matte stainless steel finish of a Remington rifle. As you know, the finish is a matte, but my barrel has a small spot on it where it has rubbed up against something and made the area "shinier" than the adjacent area. If would like to know if anyone has a simple solution to make the area dull again, so that it matches the rest of the finish. If I am not mistaken, the finish is bead blasted at the factory.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington matte stainless finish...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
7.62X?
January 28, 2012, 09:01 AM
I got the same rifle this is what I am going to do. Tap it off and spray paint it flat black then steel wool it back off but leave the black in the pores should look kool

rem22long40x
January 28, 2012, 06:01 PM
get a soda blaster from Harber Fraight . it will duplacate the finish .

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington matte stainless finish...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!