Just installed a MAKO grip on my AR

PDA

Archaic
January 29, 2012, 12:08 AM
Now I am wondering what to stuff in the teeny tiny toolbox. For the moment I just crammed a bore-snake in there, but I'm open to suggestions from all of you AR guys.

I'd love this:

http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/category/SAMSONFieldSurvivor.html

But I am not dropping $100+ on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just installed a MAKO grip on my AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tarosean
January 29, 2012, 12:13 AM
I think it would depend largely on what you use the gun for.

drive from home to the range? out in the woods? etc. etc.

personally Id just want to put something to start a fire with....

Archaic
January 29, 2012, 12:17 AM
Its actually a dedicated night hunting hog gun, although it gets lots of time getting shot by my kids (and I) for fun in the woods. As for fire starting, I never leave the house without a light, a knife, and a way to start a fire - and my Walther PPS.

;)

I am more interested in stuff that can support the AR itself.

gotboostvr
January 29, 2012, 05:01 AM
Something that can fit in there that can extend the life of the arm? I'd throw a bolt with a firing pin in there, lightly oiled, and wraped in saran wrap. The parts most prone to breakages seem to be within the bolt, firing pins, extractors etc.

A bore snake and a small amount of lube may be the most economical and useful in a normal lifetime however.

wnycollector
January 29, 2012, 06:52 AM
I'd throw a bolt with a firing pin in there, lightly oiled, and wraped in saran wrap.

+1 on this. A spare bolt and firing pin are great insurance policy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just installed a MAKO grip on my AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!