Adjustable vs. Single set trigger.

PDA

Mitchell Gard
January 29, 2012, 09:32 AM
Are there any major differences between the two besides the obvious? If I knew I was going to maintain 2.5 lbs on a trigger are there any positives or negatives to a single set aside from not being able to adjust?

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjustable vs. Single set trigger." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robtattoo
January 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
For me it would depend solely on use. If it was mainly a hunting gun, with some target use, I'd go with a crisp single stage trigger.

Other way round, I'd go with a set trigger.

I don't have a lot of experience with single sets, but the double set triggers on my rifles can be adjusted to a pressure that I would consider unsafe with an unset trigger.
3 of my Muzzleloaders have a set-trigger pressure of around 2oz & I've shot a couple of benchrest rifles that makes even that feel heavy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjustable vs. Single set trigger." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!