Piston Driven AR Build

PDA

TimM
January 29, 2012, 03:41 PM
I am sure this has been covered before but ... I have decided I want to build a piston driven AR (I have never built any gun before). Today I purchased an unused Territorial Gunsmiths stripped lower form a friend. From what research I have done these seem to very well sought after lowers. This is my first and only piece so far.

Can somebody recommend a video or good book that can walk me (a total novice) through a piston driven AR build. Or even offer advice.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Piston Driven AR Build" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
January 29, 2012, 03:49 PM
You might be asking Rifle questions in the Shotgun forum.

But since you are here:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11004/learn/

BTW: Was it me, I'd start out with a normal gas impingement system,

There is nothing wrong with it that a piston system will fix.

And piston uppers have their own set of problems, like carrier tilt, amd non-standard parts that the DI system never had.

rc

TimM
January 29, 2012, 03:53 PM
Sorry about that. I really thought I posted this in the rifle forum. Moderator - please feel free to move or delete this post. It was my mistake.

And rcmodel, thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Piston Driven AR Build" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!