If you owned Winchester...

PDA

seeker_two
January 29, 2003, 12:36 PM
Since we did the (mostly) handgun manufactures, I thought we should include the rifle/shotgun side too.

Here's my list:

Make the 1895 a regular item & have a regular action (.30-06, .405, etc.), short action (.223, 7.62x39, .308) and a magnum action (WSM's)
Make "Tactical Redneck Carbines"--synthetic-stocked, aperture-sight, lever-action rifles in .357mag, .44mag. .45Colt/.454Casull, .30-30, etc.
Bring back the 1896 lever-action shotgun in 12 & 20ga.
Iron sights on ALL rifles...:D

If you enjoyed reading about "If you owned Winchester..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mtnbkr
January 29, 2003, 01:30 PM
Offer the Classic Sporter in 35Whelen.
Get rid of the "American Style" stocks and start using stocks with higher combs and integral cheekpads (like a Monte Carlo).

Chris

bogie
January 29, 2003, 01:34 PM
Make MORE of the 16" carbines - been trying to locate a .44 for the past month and a half.

Stainless for 'em would be really nice too.

J Miller
January 29, 2003, 02:10 PM
Get rid of the afterthought safetys and rebounding hammer actions on the leverguns.

Reintroduce the 1892 in modern as well as the original calibers, and make it in the USA

Same comment about the 1886. I want a factory produced 50-110.

Make the angle eject feature an option. I don't like it so I want a top eject. Let those that want them have theirs.

mtnbkr
January 29, 2003, 02:39 PM
Make the angle eject feature an option. I don't like it so I want a top eject. Let those that want them have theirs

I've heard more than one person complain about that feature. However, it has worked well on my gun. What's the problem? Seriously, I wanna know the issue. Is it because it's non-traditional or does it cause problems?

Chris

sixgun_symphony
January 29, 2003, 02:42 PM
Get rid of the afterthought safetys and rebounding hammer actions on the leverguns.

Reintroduce the 1892 in modern as well as the original calibers, and make it in the USA

Same comment about the 1886. I want a factory produced 50-110.

Make the angle eject feature an option. I don't like it so I want a top eject. Let those that want them have theirs.

Agreed!

I would add the .45-90 chambering to the model 1886 rifle.

PATH
January 29, 2003, 02:44 PM
Reintroduce full advantage and realtree camo for all turkey and deer models 1300 Winchester.

J Miller
January 29, 2003, 03:17 PM
mtnbkr,

The angle eject feature has never caused any problems for me. I just think the gouge in the top of the reciever is major butt ugly and I don't like it.
I bought an early AE in .45 Colt back in '85. I replaced the rebounding hammer action with a standard action and am still using the gun. I believe USRAC did this to compete with Marlin's solid top recievers. In otherwords, scope mounting.
It is to my way of thinking a soloution to a non-existant problem.
I would never mount a scope on a lever gun. Aperture sights, yes, but never a scope.
A scope totally defeats the concept of a light, fast handling brush gun.
And most cartridges for leverguns arn't long range rounds. A scope isn't needed for the ranges most lever guns are used for.
So for those who want a scope, if they must, then go buy a Marlin. Or make make the AE an option.
I'll take the top eject, and the others can have the AE.

Just MNSHO.

10-Ring
January 29, 2003, 04:06 PM
Growing up, all I really wanted was a lever action Winchester. I've owned a couple over the years, and I'm pondering another :rolleyes:
The other thing I wanted to do as a child was finish the Winchester mansion...that lady was coo-coo!

sixgun_symphony
January 29, 2003, 06:27 PM
I forgot about the manufacturing of ammunition.

I would produce the original BP loads from the factory just as they did in the old days. ie. 32WCF, 38WCF, 44WCF, 45-70, 45-90, and ecetera.

This BP fodder would be for the 1866, 1873, 1886, and 1892 rifles and carbines being produced.

The 1866 Winchester Rifle would be made as the original, but chambered in .38WCF & .44WCF and the instructions would be marked "blackpowder only".

Kahr carrier
January 29, 2003, 10:34 PM
Bring back the 1897 Shotgun.

Selfdfenz
January 29, 2003, 10:42 PM
"Reintroduce the 1892 in modern as well as the original calibers, and make it in the USA"

but figure out how to make the so peps that desire to own one can get it for $250 instead of $5-600.

Sell a 45 ACP version of the Bulk Packed 9mm/100 rounds all those guys from TFL/THR buy at Wallyword and sell it for ...oh ....say 14.99/100 rounds.

Oh yeah... and make the 45 ACP stuff real shiny ala that scene in "Pulp Fiction".

S-

Hkmp5sd
January 29, 2003, 10:54 PM
Would love to bring back the pre-'64 model 70 in assorted calibers and the previously mentioned lever shotguns. Always wanted one of those!

BerettaNut92
January 29, 2003, 11:00 PM
1000 rd 9mm value pack for 80$ :D

Nightcrawler
January 29, 2003, 11:07 PM
Fix the triggers on the model 94s. Anybody else own one with the spring loaded slack in the trigger? You know what I"m talking about. This is a very recent "innovation", too, I'll bet.

Detritus
January 30, 2003, 12:25 AM
bring back the '87 leveraction (i think this is the one you ment Seeker) and '97 pump shotguns, sell them for REAL prices not like they're a collector's item. yes Winchester WOULD have to compete with Norinco for that market, they should have pre-empted the chinese but they couldn't see the market.

bring back the REAL '92 and get teh pistol calibers the heck OUT of teh '94 line! teh 94 is a true rifle caliber gun (IE 30-30, .32 special ect.) it does NOT tend to feed well with the shorter "pistol" rounds that the '92 covered. again this is a market that winchester is losing out bigtime to foreign makers.

go down to the QC dept and give every joker there both an IQ and an EYE test!!! seriously lately that has been the most lacking portion of their operation, as it stand right now i wouldn't buy a winchester.

oh and find out who's responsible for making them so damned UGLY, and fire his or her rear!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "If you owned Winchester..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!