Ohio ccp renew

PDA

ultradoc
January 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
Can somebody please tell me the process of getting my Ohio ccp renewed? I know there is a $50. renewal fee but do I fill out all the paperwork like I am applying for my license the first time? What do I need to do/know? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ohio ccp renew" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
glockgod
January 30, 2012, 08:28 AM
The process for renewal is the same as applying the first time. The tariff for the process around here is $70.00. Waiting time was alot less tho.

Jeff H
January 30, 2012, 09:30 AM
I haven't had to renew mine yet, but since you have to do it at the Sheriff's office, just give them a call and ask.

newbuckeye
January 30, 2012, 09:41 AM
You have to fill out the same application? Holy crap....I shoulda made a copy of it.

glockgod
January 30, 2012, 09:56 AM
Just fill out the application to the best of your memory. Making a copy of your application is a wonderful idea-I made a copy of mine last time. What I'm waiting to see is what"proof of profiency" is going to be required next time I have to renew!!

rtroha
January 30, 2012, 11:43 AM
See page 11 of the Ohio CCW Manual on the Attorney General's web site:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/files/Publications/Publications-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-Publications/Concealed-Carry-Laws-Booklet.aspx

newbuckeye
January 30, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks, rtroha. So in reading that, it says fill out a renewal app and competency certificate, which may be your valid CHL..... It doesn't say whats on the renewal app tho. I may have to call the SO to satisfy my curiosity.

guyfromohio
January 30, 2012, 03:11 PM
I did mine in 2008. Paid the money, filled out the form and received the permit. I think I need another round of training for my next renewal.

newbuckeye
January 30, 2012, 05:24 PM
Was it the same form as the original where they wanted every address you have lived at since birth?

rtroha
January 30, 2012, 05:33 PM
If you look at the application on the AG's web site, it has two check boxes: one checkbox says "Original" and the other says" Renewal".

rtroha
January 30, 2012, 05:36 PM
I think I need another round of training for my next renewal.

Nope. You simply need a certificate from an instructor certifying that you are "range competent". There is no definition in the law as to what "range competent" means.

guyfromohio
January 30, 2012, 07:27 PM
Interesting.... thanks. I wasn't really going to worry about it for another year or so. I actually enjoy advanced shooting classes so I'll likely do a few regardless.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ohio ccp renew" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!