Rossi 92 Magazine plug

PDA

Delta959
January 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hey all,

Picking up my Rossi 92 stainless 357 tomorrow after a long wait for one to be in stock. I'm really excited to take it out this weekend. :D

Ok, to the point. Do any of you know of a way to temporally make it a 5 shot? My first thought was a magazine plug akin to a pump shotgun. I need 5 to make it legal to hunt with here in SD.

Any clues would be great!

Thanks,

Delta

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi 92 Magazine plug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tinman080
January 30, 2012, 09:20 PM
cut a piece of dowel rod the correct diameter and length that will block the tube except for the 5 shells....:eek:

Delta959
January 30, 2012, 09:46 PM
wow, how didn't I think of that? :banghead: years of college finially paying off for me :rolleyes:

Float Pilot
January 30, 2012, 11:32 PM
You can only hunt five a five round mag in South Dakota?
How are the other hunting and gun regs there????
I have not been there since the 60s.....

Make sure the ends of the dowel do not snag the magazine tube spring. A little tapering works wonders.

Delta959
January 31, 2012, 10:41 AM
Five round limit is for "Big Game" hunting. If you need a tag to kill it, you can only use 5 rounds. Have to use expanding bullets of some form.

Shotguns got to be plugged normally (I just leave my 870 plugged all time, if I need more then 3 shells at once I'm having issues). Got to have a 500ft-lbs coming out of hand gun. uhm...I can't really thing of any other big ones. Most of the other regs only apply on state land.

Still much easier and more reasonable then my native (northern) Virginia. Glad I got the hell out of there. :D

Float Pilot
February 1, 2012, 01:45 AM
Good to know.. I always look for a place to go in case my wife finally nags me into moving out of my home country of Alaska. This winter has been rough on her so the complaining has been pretty intense. Not that the Dakotas are any warmer in the winter. But at least it is shorter and I think you folks have a hot summer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rossi 92 Magazine plug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!