Non-bayonet use for SKS or MN bayonets?

PDA

leadcounsel
January 30, 2012, 11:18 PM
I've got a stack of SKS spike bayonets and Mosin Nagant spike bayonets.

Any good use for them other than storing them in a box?

If you enjoyed reading about "Non-bayonet use for SKS or MN bayonets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Telekinesis
January 30, 2012, 11:24 PM
Roasting marshmallows and hot dogs? :neener:

You might be able to put them on gun broker for a few dollars a piece or in lots of 5 or 10 or so.

Carl N. Brown
January 30, 2012, 11:40 PM
Spike bayonets ... good for "roasting marshmellows or hot dogs" I do agree.

The bayonet for the US Carbine M1 was developed from a trench knife that was issued with the first carbines without a bayonet lug. To make the bayonet, they added a loop to go around the muzzle of the gun and a catch for the lug attached to a sleeve on the replacement barrel band. It was still a good trench knife, used to open cans, cut stakes for tent pegs and the usually uses for a blade type bayonet, more utility than just bayoneting.

Beyonf bayoneting, spike bayonets are usefull for .... uh .... what are they useful for?

Making complete a Mosin Nagant accessory kit sold without a bayonet?

MutinousDoug
January 31, 2012, 12:02 AM
Tent stakes?

shiftyer1
January 31, 2012, 01:26 AM
I would probably put them on ebay or something, you just reminded me of a box of mac90 accessories i've had for years. Low capacity mags, cleaning kits and rods, oil cans and bandoleers. I think ebay may be the answer for me.

rcmodel
February 1, 2012, 06:24 PM
I remember back when the Norinco SKS was imported without a bayonet, and it was against the law to put one one it.

There were buckets of SKS spike bayonets being sold at every gun show.
They were called Tent Stakes!

rc

dprice3844444
February 1, 2012, 06:38 PM
back scratchers

BemidjiDweller
February 1, 2012, 06:51 PM
I use my Mosin bayonet as a screw driver and barrel band remover. As well as finger nail cleaner and for general poking activities.

splattergun
February 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
I use mine as a monopod in the field when shooting prone. Spike penetrates dirt to a comfy height real quick and easy.

amd6547
February 2, 2012, 11:00 PM
You could make a fine sword cane out of one of those...

karlsgunbunker
February 2, 2012, 11:55 PM
I have a few SKS Bayonets laying around.
When SHTF, I plan to use some for Spear Heads and some for Pungi Sticks.

ThorinNNY
February 4, 2012, 04:55 PM
I suppose a guy could attatch the spike bayonnet to a stout pole, making it into a spear. Suggested use ( only for the wild & crazy) would be to use it for hunting wild pigs from a three or four wheeler. LOL!

karlsgunbunker
February 5, 2012, 01:07 AM
I suppose a guy could attatch the spike bayonnet to a stout pole, making it into a spear. Suggested use ( only for the wild & crazy) would be to use it for hunting wild pigs from a three or four wheeler. LOL!

Better Weld a Cross Guard on it First!

tnxdshooter
February 6, 2012, 10:39 AM
Yup become a member of sksboards.com there are always people looking for bayonets on there and will pay top dollar.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

mgregg85
February 15, 2012, 12:13 PM
Here's spear adapter attachment for the Mosin bayonet...
http://brassstacker.com/wp-content/uploads/catablog/originals/bayonetAdapter_1.jpg
http://brassstacker.com/mosin-nagant/bayonet-adapter/

gjkershul
February 15, 2012, 05:54 PM
They make pretty good spits for roasting in the field.

If you enjoyed reading about "Non-bayonet use for SKS or MN bayonets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!