Ruger American bolt action

PDA

Joe Vaquero
January 31, 2012, 08:14 PM
Anyone heard when these are expected to start hitting the shelf?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger American bolt action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
firesky101
January 31, 2012, 08:51 PM
The 30-06 is out. I have 2 .308's on order, the distributor claims "they should ship this week". As far as the .270 and the .243 your guess is as good as mine.

Joe Vaquero
February 1, 2012, 01:12 PM
I would like to know what you think of them once you get them in...

Kachok
February 1, 2012, 01:26 PM
Are they planning on realeasing a stainless version? I like the look of the gun, and it's features, but the salt air and high humidity here do a number on blued steel.

firesky101
February 1, 2012, 06:26 PM
I have not heard of a stainless steel version, but I do love me some stainless:D. There is a great review of the rifle on gunblast, It is what made me decide to put my order in.

Kachok
February 1, 2012, 09:28 PM
I like the fact they adopted the accuracy options that savage uses. (bedding blocks and free floating barrel) If they built it in stainless and kept the market price around $400-$450 they would really have my attention. While traditional style sporter rifles are really good looking I perfer slim ultra-modern rifles because they fit me better (I am a smallish hunter 5'6") I like the fact they almost copied the X-bolt at half the price. Don't know what caliber I want yet, I already have the perfect deer rifle, so I might get a varmint caliber like the 243 or wait for a 300 WSM/338 Win Mag for larger game.

bad_aim_billy
February 1, 2012, 10:11 PM
I'd be very interested if they had a lockable bolt. :(

Big20
February 3, 2012, 08:23 PM
Looks like a Tikka t3 to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger American bolt action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!