Pls, pls , dont bubba an original SKS or any

PDA

nathan
February 1, 2012, 03:17 AM
milsurps like M1 carbine, mosin nagant, AK 47, lee enfield and many more. Sad to say many aftermarket sellers are pedding their idea of what s ideal which takes away the value of these guns. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KGs5Pb4vYGY#!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pls, pls , dont bubba an original SKS or any" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
OARNGESI
February 1, 2012, 04:14 AM
Why does it matter what other people do to their guns? There isnt anything on that gun that cant be put back to stock in 20 minutes.

tahunua001
February 1, 2012, 04:36 AM
I agree with you to a point, if it's all matching numbers I wouldn't mess with it but if it's been assembled in aunt betsy's basement then there is no value to maintain in the first place. I had intended to get an enfield and convert it to 45 ACP until I bought my brother in law's SMLE with matching numbers and now I would never consider messing with it. on the other hand on the same weekend my little brother pieced together a SMLE from several stacks of parts a friend had laying around but couldn't find any matching parts or an original stock that fit so he had to settle with a synthetic sporter stock. since his gun had no value in the first place neither of us shed a tear over a sporterized model and we both enjoy shooting each others rifles. mine has the cleaner action and tamer muzzle flip and his has a more classic hunting rifle feel. the same person that had the stack of enfield parts also has a large amount of mosin parts laying around. if I can piece together a full rifle from the pieces I intend to put a boyds thumbhole sporter stock on it. if you have a gun with no matching numbers on it, by all means slap on that plastic bullpup kit or pistol grip stock but if it has any collectors value at all then I agree with the OP, keep it classic, it might just put your great grand kids through college.

Davek1977
February 1, 2012, 05:02 AM
My money, my choice as to whats done with the gun. Good luck telling me...or anyone else...any different. My SKS no longer has an original stock, because I found it to be quite uncomfortable. Why does making my gun more 'shootable" at least from my standpoint, have anything to do with you? There's only a few billion sks's out there, and while mine has increased in value since I bought it for $100 years ago, its NEVER going to be a highly sought after collectors piece, and furthermore, the odds of me selling it are slim to none. I'll do what I want with such a rifle, thank you. You are free to do what you will with yours, but to take it upon yourself to admonish others for doing what they want to their own possessions is out of line.

tahunua001
February 1, 2012, 05:08 AM
wow! some people are touchy about random interweb opinions.

Davek1977
February 1, 2012, 06:21 AM
I just dont see what business it is of anyone's what people do to their personal property. I don't tell you how to bed your wife, don't tell me how to modify (or not) my gun!

Abel
February 1, 2012, 07:04 AM
Every time someone bubba-fies an original milsurp, it increases the value by some fraction of a %. I would think that this would be good for collectors? Anyway, how much harm could you possibly do to some greasy old mil-surp? I mean, they're begging me to saw them into pieces!

Salmoneye
February 1, 2012, 08:27 AM
So you switch out some parts, and change the stock?

It takes 10 minutes to put it back to 'original'...

I don't get the issue...

fatcat4620
February 1, 2012, 08:36 AM
Can I mod at least one mosin to take PSL mags?

Sam1911
February 1, 2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=624762
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=635144
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=307207
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=332037
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=303812
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=240830

You know, we've gone 'round and 'round this issue. Some "get it" and some don't -- both ways.

GunnyUSMC
February 1, 2012, 09:06 AM
I will start off by saying that I look at it like this. It's you gun, do as you wish.

But I do tell people that they should always do a little homework before they cut up, or as some will say, soprterize a gun. Just to make sure that they are not messing up something that is collectable.

I have seen some so called collectors do more harm to milsurps then Bubba.
I have seen where a collectable rifle was parted out to sale because, the parts would bering more money then the complete rifle.

There are many that like to tinker with guns. Some turn old surplus rifles into very nice sporters and some just chop them up. But when it comes down to it, it's their gun and can do as they wish.
Most often when someone makes a sporter from a milsurp, they spend more money on the projuct then they could ever sell it for. But then it is not always about how much it cost, but the amount of joy they get from working on something.

I like to restore old military rifles.
Here is a $75 rifle.
http://i46.tinypic.com/9h1h8k.jpg
Here is a $225 rifle.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2n6rxi1.jpg
The thing is, they are the same rifle.

Here is a Finn marked 1916 Remingtom M91. As is it is, worth $200.
http://i43.tinypic.com/200tq4p.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2akcxm0.jpg

Problem is, the stock was sanded, poly applied and cut at the rear band. And missing the handguard.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2e6ebmd.jpg

Here it is in a correct, two piece, Finn stock. Worth $350 now.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wly33m.jpg

Sometimes it cost me more to restore one then what it will be worth when I finish, but for me it's the joy of restoring these old guns that makes it worth it.

So if you agree or disagerr with the OP, there is no reason to be rude. We all love guns but not always in the same way.

kaferhaus
February 1, 2012, 09:24 AM
99% of the milsurps out there have zero collector value to begin with. The vast majority of them are not "accurate" by today's standards and serve little practical purpose other than as plinking guns. Nothing wrong with that, I like to plink as much as the next guy.

To me, they have almost no value in any configuration. It's your rifle, do what you like with it. The SKS with an as issued wood stock, sucks from a ergonomics standpoint. As does the AK. The various Mausers and Mosin Nagants out there kick like a mule due to poor stock design as well. The vast majority of them are 3" guns at 100M if you're lucky. But then again, for most of them 3" groups at 100M was within issue specs..

When they were "cheap" I thought it worthwhile to own a few.... but as the importers paid an average 20-30 bucks each for most of these guns, and there's absolutely no shortage of most any of them the prices folks are demanding for them is about crazy.

Everyone spends their money differently as is their right. I for one am not going to take a $90 (New Norinco) SKS and put a couple hundred bucks into it. Or pay $300 for a used one. Or pay anything for a Mosin... which in my opinion is about the worst designed bolt gun put out in the past 120yrs. Reliable as hell but useless.

nwilliams
February 2, 2012, 06:04 PM
I don't care if people Bubba their milsurps as long as they plan to keep them.

What I do mind is when I stumble across as Bubba'd milsurp at the gun shop, it's so depressing. My feeling is that if you are going to Bubba a milsurp that you might end up selling down then road then PLEASE keep all the original parts so that the next owner can make it proper again!

Bozwell
February 2, 2012, 06:37 PM
I personally just enjoy working on them more than I enjoy shooting these old rifles. As a result, I tend to buy C&R rifles not for any collector value but rather quite the opposite. I enjoy shopping around for something that has very little collector value at all, so that I won't feel bad when I hit the wood with a bit of sandpaper. I've got some I fixed up that I probably wouldn't want to shoot anyways because of some moderately deep pitting in the barrel and I personally don't know how much pitting it takes before the rifle becomes "unsafe". Now, that said, I don't tend to work them over into "tacticool" configurations, but I do enjoy working over the wood (which does require some sanding), touching up some of the bluing, polishing certain surfaces, and the like. For me, it's a relatively simple refinishing project that doesn't require a lot of $$$ and is a great change of pace from my normal, long hours office job.

I've redone a handful of these rifles now... maybe one of these days I'll actually shoot one of them. :p

Grunt
February 2, 2012, 08:38 PM
Like I always say, it's your money, do as you want. However, I remember once upon a long forgotten time that Krags, Springfields and Mausers were a dime a dozen as well. The same thing about how they were made by the millions and would never be valuable was said back then too. Ever look at prices of unmolested rifles these days? Even the lowly uncollectable Mosin-Nagants have gained value over the years. I bought my M44 a few years ago for $75 and today they are around $200+. My 91/30 was bought for $50 and today the lowest price I have seen has been $99+. Then again, I have no problems with bubba chopping up an old mil-surp. For every bubba-fied mil-surp out there, the value of my original rifles goes up!:evil:

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
February 2, 2012, 11:58 PM
Uhhh, I wonder if those mosin prices have more to do with inflation rather than actual collectible value. Krags, Springers, and Mausers are still easily found fairly cheap as well. Now unmolested, numbers matching, still in good condition ones are pretty healthily priced as well they should be. But in all reality, how many of those were actually out there in the first place? Arsenals commonly replaced barrels, cracked stocks, and whatever else ailed the battle rifle upon entry. So right there goes everyones "matching numbers" dream.

Some of you folks need to come to reality when it comes to true collectible rifles. Yes "Bubba" has messed up a lot of really nice rifles BUT there have been many true beauties created from the K98's Krags, Springers, and many more battle rifles. Old saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". While a very few of you people may find a well done sporterized of an old milsurp to be sacrilege, many many more of us find the task, as long as it was well done, to be a compliment to the firearm itself. They are no longer used in war, they are no longer useful other than to make a valuable (to the person doing it) hunting rifle. While yes it can be, and more often than not is, more expensive than buying say a Savage 110 or something, I personally get a ton more satisfaction out of BUILDING my rifle from a dead and never to be used again K98 or an old Enfield.

In closing, you mind your business and I'll mind mine. Don't try to tell me what I can and can not do with MY property. Thanks and have a great day.

elephant_man
February 3, 2012, 12:15 AM
Where are YOU finding 'original, milsurp' AK47s? And bubba'd ones at that?

LoonWulf
February 3, 2012, 12:17 AM
If it makes the owner happy, who gives a crap either way? You give me a nagant or any other gun at a price i can afford, im going to project it...you give Gunny there a project gun and hes going to project it again LOL (and turn it out as a realy nice piece at that).

mljdeckard
February 3, 2012, 12:35 AM
I'll do what I want to with them. Some I will customize, some I won't. I buy guns to shoot them, not sell them. I will set them up how I like to shoot them. Sometimes I will buy one to keep original and one to customize. I have an M-1 carbine that was my grandfather's, and it's all original. I also have his 1917 Enfield that was already customized, so I'm going to re-work it a bit. He would want it to be carried and shot and enjoyed, not preserved and worshiped.

shiftyer1
February 3, 2012, 12:57 AM
I generally do what I wish with my guns and i'm not concerned with what anyone thinks about it. I will however comment if someone is planning to try something that I didn't care for or didn't work for me. Just in case they hadn't thought about that aspect.

Often people buy milsurps to fill a need they weren't designed for because it's cheaper to make it work.

Certaindeaf
February 3, 2012, 02:11 AM
First rifle I bought was a full wood short barreled triple nickel 03-A3.
I think I got it for $80 at a gun store.. long time ago. Got it to sling 220's at griz. That never happened but what did happen was I hacksawed off a couple bands or so and some wood. Sanded, stained and waxed too. Still got that rifle. It's my most prized possession.

bearfoot
February 3, 2012, 02:16 AM
You wanna tell me what to do with my SKS? or my Mosin Nagant? Let me kindly invite you to take a hike. If I want to put my SKS in a Tapco stock, I'll do it. If I want to put a holographic site on an original Colt SAA, I'll do that too. If I want to put a Floyd Rose in a `59 Les Paul and paint it with neon colors, or put blue neon lights all over a 1917 Harley-Davidson or put straight-up doors on a `59 Cadillac convertible, I'm the only one I have to answer to.

Yeah, ya caught me late at night when I'm grouchy and I couldn't let this elitist crap go unanswered. Don't mean to offend, but frankly the notion that I'm not allowed to modify something I own for the sake of somebody else's idea of historical authenticity offends me.

Oh yeah, here's one of these: :neener:

bearfoot
February 3, 2012, 02:22 AM
For the record, all my milsurps (M1 Garand, SKS, K31, 91/30) are in as-purchased configuration - but I keep looking at that SKS thinking I can make it better, lighter, handier.

:D

mljdeckard
February 3, 2012, 02:31 AM
A Floyd on a Les? DO be SERIOUS. :)

Inebriated
February 3, 2012, 02:43 AM
If I want to put a Floyd Rose in a `59 Les Paul and paint it with neon colors

Please....... don't!

tahoe2
February 3, 2012, 02:58 AM
this German 98k duv-41 was found in a closet, wrapped in an old gi blanket several months after my buddies grandad passed away. it was rusty and contaminated by the blanket,
the stock finish was cracking and flaking off and it shoots pretty good with a badly pitted barrel(3"-4") open sights @ 100 yards. It was a WWII bringback and hadn't been shot in
20 years, so the story goes, (the barrel showed it) Grandma just wanted it out of the house. I did the best I could with it and here's the result.

before & after

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
February 3, 2012, 03:12 AM
Man tahoe2, you have absolutely RUINED that rusty relic!!! How dare you breathe new life into a piece of history like that! May your soul be drug through broken glass throughout eternity for that unholy desecration of history! :D

BTW, love that natural color finish. Very nicely done tahoe. I do hope you realized the sarcasm. Granted, if all numbers matched on that old 98K you actually did de-value it but really, WHO CARES! You took a rusty, forgotten about rifle and turned it back to a beautiful, FUNCTIONING firearm. Personally, I would add a few long diamond ebony inlays with that finish and really set it off. Maybe some mother of pearl bordering the ebony for a bit of panache! HA!!! New project ideas!

gun addict
February 3, 2012, 03:45 AM
There's just something wrong about buying a historical valuable firearm like a M1 Garand, or Springfield 1903 or even a K98k and proceed to "bubba" it because you decided that it's your gun. It's alil far stretched but to me the concept is as if you are buying a Monet piece home and splatter paints all over it chanting "its mine, its mine , i do what i want".

Just to think in 50 years or so, when the greatest generation all dies off and we are teaching our children what WWII was all about, and all we have to show them are some pimped out tapcoed Garand or GI 1911a1s that's all nickled out and pearl handled. to ME that would not only be sad but extrmely disrepectful

So in my opinion, if you buy a milsup, you are only the tempeory owner of that particular piece of memory until it passes onto the next person. And you should by all means preserve it in its correct, historical configuration.

Another question, what if you see some punk kid buying a WWII veteran's combat jacket then paint skulls or gang signs on it then wear it out of town like its cool? I know it took the most utmost restraint for me to not lash out physically when i caught some "hipster" on campus rocking a Korean war era Marine Corps Alpha Blues jacket around.

mljdeckard
February 3, 2012, 03:53 AM
No. It's mine, and I should enjoy it however I want to.

If YOU think it's so tragic, buy them all and open a museum.

madcratebuilder
February 3, 2012, 06:41 AM
:neener:It's mine and I'll wash it as fast as I want.:neener:

SaxonPig
February 3, 2012, 09:37 AM
Not your call, dude. Guns are property and owners are free to do with them as they please. If you don't like it, just think about how each personalized gun makes your original one that much more valuable.

elephant_man
February 3, 2012, 11:02 AM
There's just something wrong about buying a historical valuable firearm like a M1 Garand, or Springfield 1903 or even a K98k and proceed to "bubba" it because you decided that it's your gun. It's alil far stretched but to me the concept is as if you are buying a Monet piece home and splatter paints all over it chanting "its mine, its mine , i do what i want".

Just to think in 50 years or so, when the greatest generation all dies off and we are teaching our children what WWII was all about, and all we have to show them are some pimped out tapcoed Garand or GI 1911a1s that's all nickled out and pearl handled. to ME that would not only be sad but extrmely disrepectful

I don't get this argument. It makes no sense. There are millions of surplus rifles. If you wanna see any of them, go to any war museum and they will have all sorts of rifles for you to ogle at in mint condition. I'm certainly not buying any of my rifles to teach history lectures. Guns are for shooting. If you wanna own one, just buy one youself - it's really that simple. We're not your personal storage locker/pawnshop.

There will still be original milsurps fifty years from now, just like there are still original Springfield Trapdoors, 1903's, and WW1 mausers today.

GeeBert74
February 3, 2012, 11:17 AM
This is why we live in the beautiful land of America... Free to come and go as we please...

ErikO
February 3, 2012, 11:58 AM
One of my plans is to get a pair of Mosins, keep one stock and the other would get a Monte Carlo. If I can find a good wood replacement stock I'd get that instead of the fiberglass as I prefer the feel of bolt guns in wood.

To me, 'updating' a rifle is different than 'Bubba-ing' one. Bubba slept through shop class and his wood working skills show it. ;)

LoonWulf
February 3, 2012, 02:35 PM
ErikO, check Boyds...I had hoped to have my Bubba project finished by now, but no such luck....I AM tempted to post my rifle as it stands, just to burn eyes tho :p

.45Guy
February 3, 2012, 05:09 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/aguy123/HPIM0274a.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/aguy123/kittens.jpg

nathan
February 3, 2012, 05:19 PM
I dont mean to bust the bubba lovers but i like mine original. From my commie issue SKSs, AKs, Mosins to US M1 garands x 2, i kept them the way they should be. Cheap or not it s a tribute and respect to its long standing history as designed and conceived by those who were before us. Shoot them in the 10 ring and dont look back.

HKGuns
February 3, 2012, 05:35 PM
Original Military configuration in a surplus rifle is what counts. Anything less is an abomination. The notion that they aren't collectible is pure bunk. What does a nice Garand run these days? Thought so......

All of that said, it IS your rifle, you can ruin it if you want. It is still an abomination!

ball3006
February 3, 2012, 05:46 PM
Go ahead and bubba custom all the guns you want. That way, mine will increase in value. It is sad when someone takes a 500 dollar rifle and does a bubba on it and ends up with a 100 dollar rifle that shoots no better than what they started out with.....chris3

Certaindeaf
February 3, 2012, 08:56 PM
Glove slap begets glove slap.

FlyinBryan
February 3, 2012, 08:56 PM
A Floyd on a Les? DO be SERIOUS.

i looooove a floyd on a les.

wasnt randy rhoads black beauty fitted with a floyd?

tahoe2
February 3, 2012, 11:05 PM
thanks freedom!! it took many hours of scrubbing that barrel inside, with bronze brushes, and firing ammo, and scrubbing, and firing, after approximately 200 rounds the barrel started to come back in. It seems to get better every outing. The stock has waffenamts, cartouches & serial numbers(matching the rifle)that were not visible until the stain and varnish(damaged)was removed. So in my opinion I have legitimized the components & confirmed it matching, it is beautiful and it loves to shoot, and does so on a regular basis. A far cry from a GI blanket tucked into a corner closet. I put a Mojo rear sight on it (have the original put away for safe keeping). For those that don't know, a Mojo (ghost ring sight) replaces the rear leaf sight without altering the weapon. available @ midwayusa.com. The duffle cut stock was that way when I got it. That's 5 coats of Tru Oil on the natural color of that wood(lighting was yellow in the pic,sorry)

hang fire
February 3, 2012, 11:40 PM
Telling others what to do with guns they bought and paid for, is akin to ordering someone else's dog around.

Abel
February 4, 2012, 12:27 AM
I can't believe that people even get upset over this. It truly boggles the mind.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/singtar/Firearms/MosinNagantwithSupressor.jpg

HKGuns
February 4, 2012, 12:37 AM
Don't even get me started talking about the Floyd Rose.

Those blasted things are bigger abominations than the worst bubba gump Milsurp ever created.

Just TRY to keep one of those blasted things in tune. Just TRY to change the strings in less than 2 hours.

The ONLY guitar I ever sold was the ONLY guitar I've ever owned with a Floyd Rose (ESP Custom). I absolutely HATE those retarded things. Give me a strat with three springs any day of the week.

mljdeckard
February 4, 2012, 02:54 AM
(Me too. Strat style or hard tail.)

Ignition Override
February 4, 2012, 03:06 AM
A moderator at "Surplusrifle" months ago was very insulting when a poster started a thread about this very topic. The OP only asked why they are sporterized (in a permanent manner).

I still wonder what that moderator's problem was/is, but it is his problem, not ours.

vtbluegrass
February 4, 2012, 03:08 AM
Seriously what better rifle to take a drill press to than an eighty dollar mosin nagant. I ain't doing that to a rifle that cost serious money. I so cut the barrel and bolt handle on a 91/30 then added an after market plastic stock. Also drilled and tapped it for a scope. Atleast with this gun and a total hundred dollar investment when I stuck and snapped the tap I wasn't scared to beat the crap out of it before I decided the broken part of the tap would effect function. Then I stopped playing around and took a welder to it to affix the bent bolt handle and scope base. Held on to it for about 2 years and got 20 bucks more than I had in it.

Inebriated
February 4, 2012, 03:28 AM
i looooove a floyd on a les.

wasnt randy rhoads black beauty fitted with a floyd?

A Floyd on a Les is fine (if that's your thing), but not on a '59. They're not like SKS/Mosin/etc where there are millions... They're quite limited. And unlike a Tapco stock on an SKS, you can't just switch back... On anything else, I don't care... it's not my place to care... but there's something a little sacred about the '59.

I myself prefer a fixed bridges for almost every thing. I'll only do a trem on a metal guitar (though my Schecters are fixed bridge as well), but other than that, they feel useless.

BSA1
February 4, 2012, 09:09 PM
I'd say from the over the top reaction of some pards protesting their right to alter their guns as they see fit they have caught grief from other shooters.

It is discouraging though to go to a gun shop and find a gun I am interested in has been modified.

bearfoot
February 6, 2012, 01:45 AM
I wasn't really trying to flush out the guitarists, but I did it a bit anyways!
;)

No, I wouldn't put a Floyd in a '59 LP, but I prefer PRS tonepros for my humbucker guitars, plus a '59 Les Paul would set me back, what? $40,000? That's insane.

Back to rifles: The Garand, I'll keep as is. The K31 is getting a scope. The Mosin shoots quite nicely, thank you, and if I ever take it hunting, I'll want to scope it, too. The Yugo SKS is solid as a rock and weighs about as much - I'd love to remove the bayonet and grenade launcher, that would reduce it's weight by at least 15%. If I ever have to walk the ranch (I'll have to buy one first) it would be better to have a lighter SKS to walk with.

Inebriated
February 6, 2012, 04:47 AM
I wasn't really trying to flush out the guitarists, but I did it a bit anyways!

No, I wouldn't put a Floyd in a '59 LP, but I prefer PRS tonepros for my humbucker guitars, plus a '59 Les Paul would set me back, what? $40,000? That's insane.

Back to rifles: The Garand, I'll keep as is. The K31 is getting a scope. The Mosin shoots quite nicely, thank you, and if I ever take it hunting, I'll want to scope it, too. The Yugo SKS is solid as a rock and weighs about as much - I'd love to remove the bayonet and grenade launcher, that would reduce it's weight by at least 15%. If I ever have to walk the ranch (I'll have to buy one first) it would be better to have a lighter SKS to walk with.

$100K is apparently the lower end of a '59's value in auctions, if it's in mint condition with original every thing. I would love one, but I think I'd rather buy a Ma Deuce or two, and some ammo... lol

And on topic, I don't see anything wrong with modifying surplus guns. There's thousands of collectors out there for all types. I don't need to be one.

Adam123
February 6, 2012, 06:23 AM
I am more annoyed by someone's unwillingness to spell out the word "please" than I am by their choices of rifle modifications.

The Sarge
February 6, 2012, 08:58 AM
This is silly.
It is like going on a muscle car forum and telling people not to modify their cars. Leave them like they came from the factory would be about as popular as a rally for Mayor Bloomberg gun control in San Antonio.
One way or the other I must ask the OP......
Why do you care what others do with their property? Who are you trying to convince and of what? Or are you just trying to convince yourself of something?
What a man does with his rifle is his business and I say nothing. His rifle.

gotigers
February 6, 2012, 09:09 AM
my gun, my choice. However, if it were a gun that had historical significance, i would hope that changes are kept reversable.

CraigC
February 6, 2012, 11:07 AM
I take exception to this on a few points. Firstly, that one would presume to dictate to me what I do with my property. Do I tell you how and when to have sex with your wife, how to raise your kids, when to change the oil in your car? No.

Second, is the presumption that anything I do do to my firearms would be considered "bubbafied". I am a man of taste and anything I do to a firearm will be tasteful. It will be better than it was before. Maybe not for the purist but it sure as hell won't be bubbafied. If I decide to turn a 98 Mauser, Krag or `03 Springfield into a sporter, it will be very well done, it will be beautiful and functional and it will be what I want. It will also be paid for with my money so it really is none of anyone's business.

Third, I really have a problem with holding any relic of the Chinese or Russian military as sacred as an M1 Garand, Springfield or Krag rifle. They're cheap guns built as fast as they could build them to arm a conscript army and let us not forget they were wielded by our enemies.

I dont mean to bust the bubba lovers but i like mine original.
That is certainly your choice, leave me to mine.

I am more annoyed by someone's unwillingness to spell out the word "please" than I am by their choices of rifle modifications.
Me too! ;)

Sam1911
February 6, 2012, 11:16 AM
Ok, let's call this well argued all around and put it to bed. We have the same discussion over and over and I don't think we ever change anyone's mind either way.

In the end these things are property and you can't dictate what someone else does with their property.

Hopefully we can educate enough folks about hisoric significance that we may encourage them not to harm relics of great significance and value. And that's about the best we can hope for.

[Note to all: One sure-fire way to indicate that a thread has lived beyond its usefullness is to start up the silly grammar/spelling Nazi flak.]

If you enjoyed reading about "Pls, pls , dont bubba an original SKS or any" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!