1911 dpm

PDA

Alex_100_man_slayer
February 1, 2012, 03:27 AM
Does the dpm for 1911 work well does it really make it more reliable also would it fit in a Ruger sr1911.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 dpm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JTQ
February 1, 2012, 07:55 AM
Is this what you are talking about?

DPM Recoil Reduction System
http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=976

I'm a 1911 fan, and have been on a few 1911 specific forums for a few years and I've never heard of this before.

I generally stay away from those kind of things. I prefer the standard GI style short guide rod and standard recoil spring.

cavman
February 1, 2012, 08:59 AM
On every Bullseye line I have shot with I know of virtually no one who uses these, from Sharpshooter to High Master, and we will spend money on just about anything!

So no, I would have to say the DPM offers really very little.

Jed Carter
February 1, 2012, 09:00 AM
You may need to replace the standard plug for a reverse plug in addition to the guiderod spring assembly. I would keep it stock, maybe try a Wilson Combat recoil buffer, they actually make a small but noticeable difference. I use an STI Recoilmaster in an STI Trojan 9mm wow what a difference. I first used it with the stock 1 piece guiderod, then a WC recoil buffer and then was given the STI Recoilmaster, I will keep the Recoilmaster in place. I am not familiar with the DPM recoil systems, For about $80 you will know if they are worth it. If you are not using it in competition, then keep it stock, just my 2 cents.

kennjen
February 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
The DPM recoil spring for 1911 are pretty new to the market I believe.

So, just because you may not have seen them used yet should not mean any thing.

I'd be interested in hearing 1st hand comments as well.

iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns
February 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
I haven't tried the DPM, but I do keep a recoil buffer in my SW1911, which is my main carry-gun and most trusted semi-auto. I tried it with and without a lot at the range before deciding to keep it in the gun. Hasn't affected reliability at all, and adds a little 'cush' to the recoil that I do like. I also know a gunsmith who's tried it and doesn't like the 'cush' feel that I just mentioned, so it can definitely be a preference thing. One thing I wonder about them, is if they take any strain off the barrel link. After watching a 1911 gunsmithing video recently, I do know that the slide hits the frame/recoil-spring-guide with every shot, so I imagine the buffer takes a little stress off of all that, but this is in a gun that's designed to take thousands of rounds with no worries...

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 dpm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!