Leupold Scope ring size

PDA

skidooman603
February 1, 2012, 02:42 PM
I have a set that is smalller than 1" but can't figure what size they are??? Anybody know what sizes they make smaller than 1"?
Thanks Gary

If you enjoyed reading about "Leupold Scope ring size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skidooman603
February 1, 2012, 03:32 PM
Anybody..I'm looking at a scope that is smaller dia that I think may fit these smaller rings..but need to jump

rcmodel
February 1, 2012, 03:37 PM
In the past they have made American scopes in 7/8" and 3/4".

Probably one or the other.

The problem is, good high-quality 7/8" scopes are obsolete and haven't been made in years.
And 3/4" are only made now in cheap .22 RF scopes.

For either in a good scope, look on EvilBay for old Redfield or Browning .22 scopes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-REDFIELD-4X-3-4-22-SCOPE-4-PLEX-NICE-USED-SHAPE-/230735349485?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b8e606ed

rc

gamestalker
February 1, 2012, 04:06 PM
I did some research and from what I can see, Leupold makes a 1" tube and a 30mm Tube, but I didn't see anything smaller than 1". 1" is about 25.4mm, so a 30mm tube is obviously larger than a 1" tube. Is it possible the rings you have are for the 30mm tube, thus causing the tube to appear smaller than 1".
also, can you provide some detail about the scope, model, what size objective lens, what power is it. Actually the model will be suifficient to quickly identify the tube size.

skidooman603
February 1, 2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks RC and gamestalker...They are 7/8 off a 1954 Sav 99. Just didn't have the rifle in front of me at the time...Love the old stuff but it can be a frustration. It is a factory drill and tap with the original 7/8" rings and luckily the Vin scope turned out to be the same. A nice combo. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Leupold Scope ring size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!