Marlin 39A Golden Mountie

PDA

MtnCreek
February 2, 2012, 07:58 AM
Not really gunsmithing, but I guess this is the most appropriate place for this question. How does the Marlin 39A Golden Mountie disassemble? This is an older rifle if that makes a difference; it's a 50's or early 60's rifle. I un-screwed the large bolt on the right side of the receiver and tried to separate the two halves (in similar fashion as I would w/ a pump .22). Nothing; doesn't budge. I tried it with the lever in open and closed positions and with the hammer cocked, half-cocked and resting on the firing pin. Suggestions?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 39A Golden Mountie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
February 2, 2012, 10:16 AM
Holding the buttstock with the lever slightly open and the hammer at half-cock, let the left side of the muzzle tap your padded workbench (or something similar.)

Here's the manual http://stevespages.com/pdf/marlin_39a39m.pdf

Like it says, you might have to hit it again.

My '63 Mountie used to be a little difficult to get apart, but it got easier around '70 or '75.

MtnCreek
February 2, 2012, 10:25 AM
Thank You Sir!

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 39A Golden Mountie" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!