Mini-14 Target Rifle

PDA

CmdrSlander
February 2, 2012, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a contradiciton in terms, doesn't it? But Ruger sells one and claims that it is Sub-MOA. Does anybody have experience with this gun, I like .223 Rifles, and I like the Mini-14 action but the sub-par accuracy has always been a deal breaker for me, so I'm hoping the Mini-14 Target rifle is as good as Ruger says it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini-14 Target Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 2, 2012, 05:24 PM
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Mini14Target.htm

http://archives.gunsandammo.com/content/targeting-mini

rc

Smith357
February 2, 2012, 06:10 PM
You can put lipstick on a pig but the Mini 14 was never designed to be a target rifle. It's design is geared toward throwing a lot of lead down range reliably. If you want pinpoint accuracy get something that was designed for it. Nobody ever complains about the M1 Carbine's mediocre accuracy.

rcmodel
February 2, 2012, 07:56 PM
+1

Nobody ever called the M1 Carbine a rifle either.

That was Rugers biggest mistake naming it the Mini-14 Rifle.

The Mini-14 was, is, and always will be a Carbine, not a rifle.

rc

LoonWulf
February 2, 2012, 11:09 PM
Unless you ship the sucker off to ASI for a full treatment LOL, then you got a rather large RIFLE LOL.

Honestly ive never shot one of the new Target minis, but from what a friend says, hes had good luck with his....now if he only wasnt 2500 miles across the ocean, i could play with it.

carbine85
February 3, 2012, 09:03 AM
Here we go again. I have a old stainless that shoots very accurately and recently sold a blue model that was pretty good. I have watched guys shoot the target model with impressive results. My issue with the Mini is the price. They are going for $600 and up. The target model gets pricey.

Ghost Tracker
February 3, 2012, 10:00 AM
I personally think lipstick looks fine on a pig. As long as it doesn't make her look trashy. Shooters have carped for decades about the inherent inaccuracy of the Mini-14. Now Ruger has built one that, if you can believe the reviews, shoots well under MOA. No, it's not $600. No, it doesn't weigh 7 lbs. No, it's not as tacti-cool as an AR. But it's as tough, durable, and ignorable as it's always been. It just shoots tighter groups. What's not to like?

X-Rap
February 3, 2012, 11:18 AM
Can you buy bullet proof reliable mags for $15-20?

LoonWulf
February 3, 2012, 01:28 PM
20-30 factory mags, why would you buy anything else :p....question, how much do you pay for a NEW, OFF THE SHELF, factory AR in your areas? Im still looking at a minimum of 9, the only target mini ive seen for sale out here was 11 i think, only lasted a day.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini-14 Target Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!