Stag Arms: 2012 Executive Survivor's Kit

PDA

CmdrSlander
February 2, 2012, 08:52 PM
What do you guys think of this silliness: http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_45&products_id=368

I think it isn't all that silly actually, the idea of having a rifle, some food and ammo ready to go isn't silly at all come to think of it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stag Arms: 2012 Executive Survivor's Kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Aiko492
February 2, 2012, 08:57 PM
Nice concept, good marketing. Price is insane.

CmdrSlander
February 2, 2012, 08:59 PM
The Eotech isn't cheap, neither is the Pelican case, and the gun's MSRP is around $1,000

ACP
February 2, 2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah, CEOs need a rifle/meal kit to keep them safe on the run from all the workers they are laying off.

Ain't that what the BGs are for??

What's the 'mid-level manager's kit' ? A revolver and a Snickers bar?

And the line workers get a ballpoint pen and a peanut??

Stupid x2.

CmdrSlander
February 2, 2012, 09:13 PM
I believe the idea is that it is "Executive Grade" not for executives specifically

taliv
February 2, 2012, 09:50 PM
1 MRE? will let you survive til lunchtime i suppose

DDawg
February 2, 2012, 09:51 PM
2K is chump change to the people this setup is geared to..
Still a good idea!

Certaindeaf
February 3, 2012, 11:57 AM
I think shoving your boomstick in a golf bag might be wiser.. more capacity, blend in better and your hands are free.

jogar80
February 3, 2012, 12:20 PM
What's the 'mid-level manager's kit' ? A revolver and a Snickers bar?

That is freakin hilarious, LOL

Zerodefect
February 3, 2012, 01:23 PM
I'd eat the MRE immediately. I love those things. Unless it's chowder, Who invented the chowder MRE?:barf:

Looks like I could fit a bunch of mags where the MRE used to be.

cthulhufan
February 3, 2012, 01:51 PM
I like it. I'm not really big on AR rifles but if that's a decent rifle it's actually pretty cool. Price is up there but it is a good sight and great case plus comes with a field repair kit. MRE should get you by until you find a fishing hole or some tasty tree rats ;)

jogar80
February 3, 2012, 03:09 PM
I just think there should be a lot more MRE paks in there. I mean at least 7.... mmm, it's lunchtime... maybe i'm just hungry

NeuseRvrRat
February 3, 2012, 03:48 PM
if you really wanted to be prepared for "survival", you'd be better off just dumping out the case and filling it with food and water.

LoonWulf
February 3, 2012, 03:58 PM
MRE is kinda goofy if you ask me, i could see using the space for something else, whole crap pile of tigers milk or something LOL. I could also do without the Eotech, but other then that it looks kinda nifty to keep in the tool box of my truck, or trunk of my cars. Not that i can afford that kinda price tag LOL

Rembrandt
February 3, 2012, 08:16 PM
Some of you are missing the obvious.....with the provided ammo you can shoot your next meal and dress it out with the Gerber. If you really wanted a more balanced package...add a .22 conversion kit, couple hundred rounds of long rifle, and a small water filtration unit.

cthulhufan
February 3, 2012, 10:22 PM
Yep. Plenty of room in that Pelican case for a conversion kit and several hundred rounds of .22 LR. Good point.

Thefabulousfink
February 4, 2012, 06:49 AM
the price for the gear is good, but 1 MRE is kind of silly. Sure I could nurse 1 MRE for 2 days or more if I had to, but for this kind of kit I'd either want more food, or more equipment.

get rid of the MRE and add a belt with a mag pouch and gp pouch to carry all that gear if you need to hightail it in a hurry.

jeepnik
February 4, 2012, 12:28 PM
Expensive, yes. But, think of the target market. As to the parsity of food stuffs, well, this isn't designed as a bug out bag. Just something to be kept in the car/office for emergencies. And, let's face it, most emergencies are fairly short lived.

In addtion, I would imagine that anyone with the where with all to afford this, and the desire for it, would likely have additional supplies on hand. Besides, it does have a certain James Bond cool factor to it.

Heck, I've already got a Stag, I think I'll pick up an appropriately sized Pelican case and make my own. I always wanted to be James Bond when I was a kid.:D

Hmm, maybe that's why I bought my AR-7 in the first place. Helicopters beware.:evil:

hogshead
February 4, 2012, 12:34 PM
Loved ACP's reply. Still laughing. I noticed the first aid kit was for pets too. Maybe if the mre gets gone they could eat their pet.

kfgk14
February 4, 2012, 01:38 PM
I could do far better for the money. Well, I have done far better for the money. But this isn't a "my go-bag is cooler than your go-pelican case" thread, so I'll drop the bone now.

Fishbed77
February 4, 2012, 03:05 PM
An Aimpoint (with its insane battery life) would make a lot more sense on this rifle than an Eotech.

But lets be honest - this is just a novelty item for people with more money than sense.

NG VI
February 4, 2012, 04:01 PM
Two magazines and sixty rounds? Seriulz?

Overall, the price isn't too bad once you really look at what it includes, I just think there should be more than two magazines and more than sixty rounds. Conversion kit and a brick of ammo is an outstanding idea. If they are going to stick with two magazines, I don't know why they wouldn't include a little stock pouch for the second magazine, like the M1 Carbines used to rock.

CmdrSlander
February 4, 2012, 04:07 PM
The stock pouch would likely interfere with the operation of the charging handle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stag Arms: 2012 Executive Survivor's Kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!