found a nice somewhat discreet rifle case

PDA

SpringfieldArmoryXD
February 3, 2012, 12:33 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't always like to "advertise" that I carrying a gun whether its between my house to my car or what not. Does anyone else think that a little discretion is good from time to time? To me you never know, maybe a neighborhood would be burglar was lurking around and if they saw you toting guns around might make you an easy target if they knew you weren't home. Anyways here is the case I got, take a look..would you think its a rifle? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28AZU9D3ygU

If you enjoyed reading about "found a nice somewhat discreet rifle case" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dprice3844444
February 3, 2012, 10:07 AM
use a small golf club travel case,provided your car is big enough
http://www.nextag.com/golf-club-travel-bag/compare-html

W.E.G.
February 3, 2012, 12:17 PM
Why would a "lurking burglar" be any less-interested in a set of golf clubs.

Do you know how much golf clubs cost these days?

Crooks break into cars all the time to steal golf clubs and golfing paraphernalia.

JohnBT
February 3, 2012, 05:49 PM
I don't know, a thousand bucks from what I just googled. That's less than a lot of my rifles.

Not too many golfers in the inner city. Plenty of buyers for hot guns.

Sheepdog1968
February 3, 2012, 06:11 PM
I am of the same opinion. I went out and purchased a soft guitar case that says Fender on it. It works well. I've also seen others at the range who have rectangular cases on them that say something like "Yahama keyboards" on them.

ThorinNNY
February 4, 2012, 03:42 PM
Well,I remember seeing some old movies about Prohibition Era gangsters toting their Thompson submachine guns around in violin cases. Not such a bad idea, maybe!

LiquidTension
February 5, 2012, 03:57 PM
We have a board member here that breaks down his AR and puts it in a tennis racket bag.

4thPointOfContact
February 5, 2012, 08:51 PM
I saw a racquet case on 'remnants sale' at Dicks, marked down from 50 to under 10.
Snatched it up, made an "envelope" out of cemented together pieces of surplus GI mattress pads.
With the pads, it doesn't even bulge in any odd way.

I've heard that some of the home improvement plumber's toolboxes or other can be lined with the same and be remarkably nondescript.

threoh8
February 7, 2012, 04:24 PM
When possible, I load for the range inside the garage.

Encoreman
February 8, 2012, 10:03 PM
Makes me feel better that I'm not the only paranoid person on here. I live in the country, but I wait until dark to either load or unload my guns after range trip or hunting. There is no reason to advertise as people talk.

If you enjoyed reading about "found a nice somewhat discreet rifle case" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!