Could a 2011 (dblstack 1911) be modified to feed from a g21 mag?

PDA

Saakee
February 4, 2012, 04:10 PM
I ask because the last two nights I've had this dream where someone marketed a glock fed 2011 and the idea just seems so. . . elegant. I know purists of both will hate the idea but it seems like such a great idea if you want to carry a kriss but don't want a glock as a sidearm for whatever reason.

If you enjoyed reading about "Could a 2011 (dblstack 1911) be modified to feed from a g21 mag?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 4, 2012, 04:19 PM
You could probably get someone to modify a 1911 to feed from a gardin hose if you are prepaired to spend enough money.

However, without having a hi-cap 1911 mag to look at?

A 1911 single-stack mag has a different mag catch location, slightly less feed lip angle, and a different base plate angle due to the differance in the Glock grip & 1911 grip angles.

Again, it might be done, if you have enough money.
But it would at least require welding up the frame and recutting the mag release hole, and cutting off the bottom of the grip to match the Glock mag baseplate angle.

Otherwise, not.

rc

dprice3844444
February 4, 2012, 04:26 PM
take some antacid tablets before ya go to bed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Could a 2011 (dblstack 1911) be modified to feed from a g21 mag?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!