Color Codes of Terror: a Useful Idea after all.

PDA

Oleg Volk
February 9, 2004, 05:39 PM
Just occurred to me...

We joke that the USGovt. will never decrease the "terror status" past "existing", will never issue an all clear. Thinking about it, I realize that we can use that as an excellent example of the color coded personal awareness system. Explain to the unaware, that an individual being in condition white is a bad idea for the same reason why it would be bad for the country at large. Those who think USGovt. wis ought to appreciate the logic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Color Codes of Terror: a Useful Idea after all." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
labgrade
February 10, 2004, 02:41 AM
Same reason they don't want us to do anything more than "report to authorities," Oleg.

I'm of the persuassion that they do want us in a constant state of relying moreso, & more continually, upon them for the "solutions."

As with gun control, this has nothing to do with our "safety," it is about control, & a conditioning to allow more of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not recall a single BUG-thing from FEMA, Red Cross, yada, which says anything about even having a Swiss Army Knife in your 3-day kit - let alone a firearm for defense.

It's all about having enough stuff to get to a "relief center" & then "being taken care of." Self-sufficiency is mentioned only to the point of being rounded up.

& not even going to the "militia" aspect, but anybody that knows anything at all about any "survival-type" situtation would hope to have/recommends at least a smallish cutting tool of some sort - for any number of emergency uses - it's listed as one of the Ten Essensials - just because it's way too handy.

Far as advocating a personal condition, I wholeheartedly agree, but don't really think that really plays much in they Grand Schemme - sadly.

labgrade, (cynic, & pragmatic)

If you enjoyed reading about "Color Codes of Terror: a Useful Idea after all." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!