Scopes

PDA

BRIANSEVERHART
February 5, 2012, 11:23 PM
Can anyone out there help with finding a scope for a .300 wsm that doesnt break the bank. I will be using this for long range shooting.thanks in advance for any advice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Scopes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigMag
February 5, 2012, 11:26 PM
I have alot of Bushnell scopes. Have you looked at those? What size lense are you looking at how much variable powder do you want? Reticle?

NeuseRvrRat
February 5, 2012, 11:28 PM
this question gets asked almost daily

BigMag
February 5, 2012, 11:30 PM
Is it spam? One post?

NeuseRvrRat
February 5, 2012, 11:33 PM
no, but he'd be much better served to google or use the search function on this website. there's a metric crap ton of information out there, but i doubt he wants to actually do the legwork and read.

also, he's vague. "break the bank" means different things to different people. "long range" means different things to different people.

BRIANSEVERHART
February 5, 2012, 11:39 PM
Sorry guys im retired on disability dont have alot to put into scope at this time also new to sight, 500yds max would like somthing in 4.5x14x42 range thanks and sorry i dont fully understand how to use all features of the site yet

chaser_2332
February 5, 2012, 11:40 PM
300wsm, long range, cheap = fail boat!!

Don't skimp on glass, what do u have to spend on glass, base, and rings?

BigMag
February 5, 2012, 11:40 PM
I got one of these for my dad last year and he's used has used it two deer seasons with good results but only to about 200 yards.
http://www.shopbushnell.com/detail/BSN+734120
I think they run about $140....I have many of the ellite and ellite 6500 but they are much more expensive.

NeuseRvrRat
February 5, 2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2i.scopes_optics.htm

this will get you started

BRIANSEVERHART
February 5, 2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry guys trying to figure things out 500 yds max, 4.5x14.42 just want something that doesnt break me. Living on retirement income thanks

BRIANSEVERHART
February 5, 2012, 11:46 PM
400 to 450

BRIANSEVERHART
February 5, 2012, 11:48 PM
I dont mind reading and doing the research just wanted other peoples opion as to what else might be out there

BigMag
February 5, 2012, 11:50 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/784644/bushnell-elite-tactical-rifle-scope-5-15x-40mm-adjustable-objective-mil-dot-reticle-matte

culito
February 5, 2012, 11:50 PM
cabelas has the LeupoldŽ VX-2 3x9 Riflescopes with long range duplex for $269.99

BigMag
February 5, 2012, 11:51 PM
I dont mind reading and doing the research just wanted other peoples opion as to what else might be out there
It’s ok Brian. This isn’t the best forum for manners......

BRIANSEVERHART
February 5, 2012, 11:59 PM
I will do my best to learn all i can about this sight as i have been hare a number of times as a guest thanks for looking out for me. I have champayne taste and an old milwaki budget

NeuseRvrRat
February 5, 2012, 11:59 PM

if you do some simple searches, you will find hours and hours worth of opinions to read.

up there on the top green bar is "Search". click on that and type in "scope".

BRIANSEVERHART
February 6, 2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys have a good night

ms6852
February 6, 2012, 12:05 AM
Check this company out. Not too many shooters know it but even the lower cost scopes have better glass than other companies selling their scopes in the same price range. Best part is they have a lifetime replacement warranty on their scopes, regardless of fault. I have the BIG Sky brand which is more than you want to pay but their SI and SII series are great. Midway carries them as does optics planet.

http://www.sightron.com/

slowr1der
February 6, 2012, 12:06 AM
Burris FFII if you can swing it and they make one in that price range.

If not, the absolute cheapest I'd go and the only decent high magnification scope I think they make on the cheap is the Simmons Whitetail Classic that goes onsale at Midway most of the time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Scopes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!