Hot deal on s&w 66 trade-in's

PDA

Old Fuff
February 6, 2012, 09:15 PM
News has just crossed my desk that J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ. has snagged a shipment of pre-lock, pre-MIM Smith & Wesson model 66 Combat Magnums.

NICE BATCH OF S&W MODEL 66 357MAG REVOLVERS IN STOCK !!

We have a good amount of these revolvers from police and/or security company trade-ins, with more models and styles arriving all the time! These S&W model 66 revolvers are priced nice at only $469.95 each! These stainless steel revolvers feature a 4" barrel, adjustable sights, red ramp - white outline sights, and are early manufactured with hammer mounted firing pins. The grips styles will vary. One of the most reliable and sought after firearms has just become yours to take home. Take a look at one today!

Purchase your S&W model 66 here: www.jgsales.com/-p-6718.html

I would say, "Get while the getting is good!" ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Hot deal on s&w 66 trade-in's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
billdeserthills
February 6, 2012, 09:23 PM
Wow nice gun, makes me wonder just how beat-up they actually are

jmace57
February 6, 2012, 10:01 PM
The pictures sure look nice. My experience with J&G is that they will be very representative of the firearms offerred.

Powerglide
February 6, 2012, 11:39 PM
Kinda high ain't they?

pearsonm
February 6, 2012, 11:45 PM
^ I'm a newbie so I didn't want to be the first to question the price, but when I can literaly drive 10 minutes and come home with a brand-new, blue, 4" GP100 for $509.00..

GlockFan
February 7, 2012, 12:05 AM
I think the price is a bit high seeing how Ive seen p&r models on Gunbroker go for the same or less of late. I've been on the look out for the Australian police guns that were mentioned on THR a year ago...maybe these are them? Maybe I'll call JG tomorrow and get the scoop on these and if they expect more in...2 1/2 barrel please!

sidheshooter
February 7, 2012, 12:29 AM
Ten years ago, the price would have been pretty high, sure. But they aren't making any more, and the trade ins have dried up (where on earth did they find these? Mayberry?).

They are worth what people will pay for them, and if they cough up a selection of like condition ones in the above mentioned 2 1/2" version, I would likely be one of those people doing the paying.

Earlsbud
February 7, 2012, 12:41 AM
Grab 'em, hand over fist.

dashootist
February 7, 2012, 12:43 AM
I need a pin gun. I know 66's are weak as far as 357 is concerned. If I shoot alot of super hot load (pin busters!) and crack the forcing cone, is the fix simply a new barrel? In other words, does crack FC ruin the frame too?

Nomad
February 7, 2012, 01:58 AM
I'm with Powerglide. I live a couple hours from J&G and do a fair amount of business with them so I mean nothing negative but I bought a 66 a year or so ago in very good condition and paid a whole lot less. Maybe prices have gone up.

PabloJ
February 7, 2012, 03:44 AM
Kinda high ain't they?
That is expensive. Few months ago LGS had second-hand 10mm Glock in excellent condition with night sights and two hi-cap magazines for $450. That was better deal then what we see here.

elano
February 7, 2012, 03:49 AM
Imo these are high unless they are pristine.

evan price
February 7, 2012, 05:05 AM
Would not call it a 'hot deal', kinda lukewarm really. Market is getting crazier about these every month though, it seems, and the old saying is "You didn't pay too muhc, you just bought too early".

That said, only 4" models, none P&R, and mixmaster grips. They go for under $400 on Gunbroker regularly.

Geneseo1911
February 7, 2012, 10:51 AM
I just wish I could find this exact gun locally so I could examine it. I would then gladly pay $500 for it. By the time you factor in shipping and transfer, this thing is around $550, and you don't get to look it over first. I have no doubt that they will sell them quickly, however. An old K frame is a wonderful thing.

Old Fuff
February 7, 2012, 11:25 AM
I need a pin gun. I know 66's are weak as far as 357 is concerned. If I shoot alot of super hot load (pin busters!) and crack the forcing cone, is the fix simply a new barrel? In other words, does crack FC ruin the frame too?

The big problem is S&W no longer has new barrels for this model, although they might, or might not, be able to fit a current one.

If you are shooting pin busters get a heavier revolver. These are good for the occasional Magnum shooter that's looking for a "packing piece" that won't pull his pants down.

Old Fuff
February 7, 2012, 11:36 AM
Concerning the price, that's a judgment call that each individual has to make. I agree that they are on the high side, but I don't think they're likely to go down in the future. I do consider J&G Sales to be a more reliable source then Gunbroker, but I have found some good buys there too.

I suspect that they well sell out fairly quickly, with perhaps the best selection going first. That's why I posted the information. As for other options and barrel lengths - we'll have to wait and see.

Last but not least, one reason for the high price is because apparently this bunch doesn't have bobbed hammers that reduce them to DAO. Finding police trade-ins that aren't altered is going to become harder and harder.

CraigC
February 7, 2012, 11:41 AM
Dang, it would be a good deal if it were $100 less. A "hot deal" if it were $150 less. A smokin' deal if it were $200 less.

Olympus
February 7, 2012, 11:48 AM
If they are not P&R, I will pass at that price. Plenty of used ones floating around on various forums and gun shows for less than that. Gotta factor in shipping and FFL fee to the OTD price.

2ifbyC
February 7, 2012, 11:59 AM
Not to highjack your thread, but I'm not that familiar with the S&W revolvers. I have a model 19-3 that I primarily shoot 38sp with and it has had little use. Iím in the market for one that would keep the 19-3 more pristine.

Budís has a sale on used S&W Model 10s for $269 delivered. What is your opinion on the Model 10 vis-ŗ-vis the Model 66 given the price difference?

Hoppes Love Potion
February 7, 2012, 12:03 PM
For that price you should get box, papers, tools, and maybe dinner and a movie...

MikeJackmin
February 7, 2012, 12:46 PM
Anyone know if these guns accept round-butt grips, or if they use the older square-butt frame?

Old Fuff
February 7, 2012, 12:52 PM
Budís has a sale on used S&W Model 10s for $269 delivered. What is your opinion on the Model 10 vis-ŗ-vis the Model 66 given the price difference?

The model 10 is made on the same frame, but has fixed sights (and of course is a .38 Special, not a .357 Magnum). Also a model 10 is lighter in weight then a model 19.

In your case I'd say the most important factor is how important are the adjustable sights to you? Also consider a model 15 (K-38 Combat Masterpiece) which is similar to a model 10, but does have the same adjustable sights used on the model 19.

broken
February 7, 2012, 01:34 PM
revolver in smith and wesson flavor are pretty high around these parts.especially in stainless and .357 on the barrell.

azgunner
February 7, 2012, 01:45 PM
What you see, is no where near as to what you get. And to pay that for a used gun. Come on. J&G dosen't have more then $200.00 into these guns. $325.00 I might look at them, but not at the asking price they want.
Good luck to whoever buys one.

JohnBT
February 7, 2012, 01:58 PM
I'm curious how you know that they paid $200 or less apiece for them?

John

P.S. - They still have my favorite 9mm GECO Swiss ammo on sale for $10/box by the case.

Thaddeus Jones
February 7, 2012, 02:01 PM
Even at that price, those 66 LEO trades are a better value, and better guns than any revolver produced today by the current company calling itself S&W. :)

I've ordered mine! Thank you Old Fuff!! :D

Quoheleth
February 7, 2012, 02:03 PM
Is $470 high?

Well, in October, I could buy the large jar of Peter Pan peanut butter for $4 and change. Last night I paid almost $7 for the same jar.

It's the dollar, folks. Prices are going up. Just wait....it'll get worse before it gets better.

And, Smith 66s aren't made any more, adding to the mystique. There's just something about K-frames that keep people looking for them and willing to pay for them.

Q

Olympus
February 7, 2012, 03:06 PM
That's true. But that's only if you consider a single market. You can still find $4 peanut butter at Dollar General, ALDI, etc. Same logic applies here. You can still find $400 or less 4" 66s if you keep your eye open and "shop" in the right places. Just like families grocery shopping, you just have to learn to buy "smarter".

Think about $20 for shipping from JG and $25 for the FFL transfer fee. Don't know if JG charges sales tax. But that's $45 at least on top of the $470. That's $515 out the door for the 66 from JG. And that's if they only charge $20 to ship, if they don't charge tax, and that's if your local FFL doesn't charge more than $25 for the transfer. That's a lot of ifs.

Consider the $515 for the non-P&R 4" 66 from JG to the 2.5" no-dash 66 that I bought from a guy at the last gun show I went to in December for $500 cash OTD. I guess if you're happy with the price and willing to pay it, then go for it. Who am I to say otherwise? But for me, I will continue to shop "smarter" and pay less for a more valuable gun.

357 Terms
February 7, 2012, 03:36 PM
Some people are willing to pay that amount for a pre-lock K-frame Smith, the market is there for them at that price.

Me, I would pass, I have an old Ruger Service Six I paid $125 less for.

:):) :):)

JohnBT
February 7, 2012, 04:36 PM
The older I get the less important money is to me compared to time. I have better things to do with the time I have left than go shopping and shopping and shopping and some more shopping. :)

I quit smoking 5 years ago - for good this time - and just realized a pack was now $5. Holy smokes.

It truly is the weakening dollar as the man said.

What I need to do is go sell all of those old silver coins my father and I started saving back in the '50s and buy more guns and ammo. There's $2.41 of silver in an old dime. A Washington quarter has $6.04 worth in it. Dang, I'm getting old.

At 50 dimes to the roll with a dealer paying maybe $2.20 per dime, the rolls soon add up. Ten bucks or so for a silver half dollar is even more fun to calculate by the roll. I'm thinking I need another P-210. If I can bring myself to sell the silver dollars too I might buy a couple of SIGs.

I wish I'd saved every dime of my allowance when I was in elementary school.

"I have an old Ruger Service Six I paid $125 less for."

I bought mine new in '85 for a whole lot less and I paid nearly full retail iirc. :)

Olympus
February 7, 2012, 04:59 PM
The value of a dollar is worth more to someone who may not have much to begin with. Maybe I'm a tightwad, but I want to make sure I get as much as I can for the money I spend. If that means browsing forum classifieds a few times a day and getting two-days worth of a gun show on a single hand-stamp, then I'm happy to do it if it means I can find the occasional good deal. I've got plenty of time, but limited money. I guess if you have plenty of money and limited time, then the rationale would be different.

Old Fuff
February 7, 2012, 07:23 PM
I've ordered mine! Thank you Old Fuff!!

A full report will be expected. :D

dprice3844444
February 7, 2012, 07:30 PM
65's are going for that price on gunbroker also

JohnBT
February 7, 2012, 07:34 PM
" guess if you have plenty of money "

When I bought my house in 1980 I had a conventional 30-year mortgage at 12.75% and made $15000 a year. And the old house hadn't been lived in or heated for 2 years. I was being paid 2x a month and all but 75 cents of one check went to the mortgage. And it didn't include the homeowner's insurance.

That was then. I refinanced twice and paid it off in 1997. The house was built in 1916 and the area is now an official historic district. Big Whoop, the taxes went up and people are putting brass plaques next their front doors. :)
Pfui. I think I'm going back to the country.

Although I'd hate to give up the little restaurant on the corner. The guy who runs it was born in Sicily and makes pretty good Italian food.

John

Old Fuff
February 7, 2012, 07:41 PM
Concerning price:

J&G Sales know their market, and I'm sure they can sell what they have for what they want. I'll be the first to admit that "what they want," is high. But I keep seeing posts from various members that bemoan the fact that where ever they live, older pre-lock .357 Smith & Wesson's are simply unobtainable.

Anyway, those who are in a position to do so should shop around for a better deal, and without question some are out there, but I don't think they grow on trees. On too many occasions I've waited for a better deal, or for prices to come down, and neither happened. :uhoh: :banghead:

For a member who ask, I think these have the true K square butt frame, but a phone call to J&G would confirm if this is right.

evan price
February 8, 2012, 06:35 AM
I can only say that a very very nice 6" M66-2 (not P&R) I would say easy 98% condition sat and sat and sat at a shop near me for $549 and only finally sold when they marked it down to $499 and threw in 2 boxes of ammo. No box or papers or tools, however, but except for the faintest of turn lines it looked unfired.

I've also been seeing more Model 10 police trade revolvers, more recent ones with MIM parts, teardrop cylinder releases, and Hilary Holes, at a couple shops and they were priced around $300-320. That's really a YIKES price imho.

I too believe J&G will have no problem selling these to people who can't get them any other way and yes, they ain't makin' them no more, and comparing it to a modern S&W is comparing apples to pineapples.

azgunner
February 8, 2012, 10:30 AM
How do I know J&G paid $200.00. I've been in the gun buying and selling business a very long time. They are going to make well over 100% on these weapons. They buy these lot price at auction. There is no way they would pay more for these used guns and shipping and the other cost for the overhead.
And people who would pay the retalil price for guns like these are the reason used gun prices are so high. $300 would be max for a used S&W revolver.

Thaddeus Jones
February 8, 2012, 10:41 AM
Current production S&W revolvers with their exhorbitant prices, poor quality construction and idiotic locks are the reason the prices on the older, superior, pre lock used revolvers are so high. :)

Olympus
February 8, 2012, 11:23 AM
Found a 4" 66 no-dash with the early stainless rear sight for $500 shipped on another forum. And that's just the asking price. Might get it cheaper with a little haggling.

Took me about 3 minutes to find it.

sidheshooter
February 8, 2012, 02:57 PM
65's are going for that price on gunbroker also

Totally off topic, but here is a story I've told before.

At the very height of the Clinton gun ban scare (when hi-cap Glock mags were regularly going for 75 bucks in 90s dollars) I traded a stock G19 with the NY-1 trigger, 3 mags, and 500 rounds of ammo and maybe 50 bucks for...

*three* police trade in 3" round butt model 65s in perfectly good condition; all that were in the case at the time.

One went to my best friend (for a great price) one went to my dad (for the same absurd price) and one is still in an Elmer MacEvoy IWB in my safe as we speak.

I remember one guy saying "in ten years, you're gonna be sorry that you let that Glock go when you can't get one anymore..."

:D

(by the way, it's not like I was any great psychic fortune teller or anything. I just like K-frames... turned out OK in the end)

JohnBT
February 8, 2012, 04:43 PM
"How do I know J&G paid $200.00. I've been in the gun buying and selling business a very long time."

Okay, you suspect they paid that much, but haven't seen the paperwork. That's fine, I know a bit about retail too. Back in the day the markup on high end furniture was around 150%, but it all depended on the individual deal and the manufacturer.

I wonder if Top Gun Supply bought that little pallet of 30 SIG P/49 surplus Swiss Army pistols (P210-2) for half of the retail price of $2499? I doubt it. Nothing is clear except what I paid and that's fine with me too.

"$300 would be max for a used S&W revolver."

One of these or any S&W revolver? You can't touch some of the Model 17's for $300, much less some of the centerfire guns. I think you're being unrealistic putting a $300 price as the max for a used S&W revolver.

rooter
February 8, 2012, 06:24 PM
For that price you should get box, papers, tools, and maybe dinner and a movie...

For that price, I hope they throw in a bottle of lube (and I don't mean weapon's oil). These are worth $350 tops, but buy away. That way you'll already have one when a deal pops up and I'll snag it.

JohnBT
February 9, 2012, 09:43 AM
www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=253438

According to this thread, the low-end prices already mentioned on right on the money - in 2007.

:D

skidder
February 9, 2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks Old Fuff

Iím a big Ruger fan, but the 66 has a soft spot with me. I sold mine, when I shouldnít have, and regret it over and over. You will not find a current S&W 357 that comes even close to the quality and price.

Iíd say thatís a good price if the condition is good. Dang, I wish I had the money:banghead:. I wonder how much I would get for my first born. :confused::scrutiny::rolleyes::eek::D

Old Fuff
February 9, 2012, 03:22 PM
I wonder how much I would get for my first born.

I don't think they take anything in trade that eats.... :D

But there will be another time.

MCgunner
February 9, 2012, 03:37 PM
I'm used to exorbitant used prices on Smiths down here. That's why I only own one, the one I inherited. Nice guns, but a SP101 will take hot loads all day and all night and won't pull my pants down. I wouldn't use THAT for a pin gun, either. I think a 625 makes the best revolver class pin gun, or at least it's better than any .357. JMHO

jad0110
February 9, 2012, 05:46 PM
"$300 would be max for a used S&W revolver."

One of these or any S&W revolver? You can't touch some of the Model 17's for $300, much less some of the centerfire guns. I think you're being unrealistic putting a $300 price as the max for a used S&W revolver.

AZ,

Can you please tell us where these $300 S&Ws are? Arizona (just guessing by your name)? I'd like to plan a trip to where ever this is, and bring a buttload of cash with me :evil: . Because in the rest of the country, the only used S&W you can have any hope of finding for $300 or less are well worn Model 10s, 64s and sometimes Model 15s and 67s. And those are darn close to $300 these days. Everything else starts at $400 and goes up from there, at least in my parts. And that's after haggling.

J&G's price, for my area, is a bit high, but not out of line. I'll pass though. 4" 66s are usually $450 here. When they turn up.

Back to $300 S&Ws, heck, I can't even find a used Taurus 66 for $300. Last Taurus 66 I saw was a 6" blued example for ... $575! :eek:

You're a lucky guy, because in most of the country the days of the $200 Model 10 , $275 Model 66 and $350 38/44 HD are long gone.

evan price
February 9, 2012, 07:35 PM
Olympus: Yeah, that's on FalFiles.

I have exact same gun (66-no dash, first issue with stainless sights) I bought 2 years ago for $379 from the LGS, and it still has the factory checkered walnut target grips.

At the time I posted a question on this very forum asking "Is $400 a ridiculous price for a No-dash M66???"

Olympus
February 9, 2012, 10:12 PM
Evan - I didn't find the gun on FalFiles. Found it on a different forum. Could be the same gun or could be a different one. Thanks for the tip!

coyotehitman
February 9, 2012, 11:19 PM
Can you please tell us where these $300 S&Ws are?

I bought five SW 686 4" PD trades in like/similar condition for $330 each just last year. I've never paid more than $400 for a PD Smith, nor would I.

Arizonagunrunner
February 9, 2012, 11:48 PM
People that pay these over blown prices are the problem. That is why used gun prices are through the roof. These guns are not worth that. People see a S&W 66 or 19 and they say, man I got to have that. What I am saying is that J&G is raking the consumer. And the sad thing is we the customer are letting them. You all can pay that price, but I wouldn't give a plug nickle for one.

dashootist
February 10, 2012, 01:28 AM
Well, they're no longer being made. Look at how expensive Colts are.

mgmorden
February 10, 2012, 03:04 AM
People that pay these over blown prices are the problem. That is why used gun prices are through the roof. These guns are not worth that.

When it comes to economics, that statement does not compute ;).

An items worth is tied by definition to what people are willing to pay for it. If people are buying at these prices - then they're worth that. If people aren't, then the price will come down until people do start buying.

jad0110
February 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
^^^ Exactly. A fair price is the one that the seller and buyer agree upon.

$450, give or take $25, is the going rate for a 4" S&W 66 in most of the country today, like it or not.

Apparently, used S&W revolvers are in either high supply, low demand or a combination of the 2 in a few spots around the country. Too bad Flagstaff is so far away for me, the gas and lodging would not make the trip worthwhile unless I had about $10 grand to spend on S&Ws.

Thaddeus Jones
February 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
If the current wind up, MIM infested revolvers, laser etched with the famous trademark are actually bringing more than $600 at retail sale, then these lock/MIM free, rollmarked 66's are a BARGAIN at under $500.

People who subsidize the current company calling itself S&W, by purchasing the overpriced junk they peddle, are the problem IMO. :cool:

JohnBT
February 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
"I bought five SW 686 4" PD trades in like/similar condition for $330 each just last year. I've never paid more than $400 for a PD Smith, nor would I. "

But the question was "Where", not who got a deal on 5.

"Can you please tell us where these $300 S&Ws are?"

oldfool
February 10, 2012, 08:14 PM
the 6" model 66 being my all-time favorite for-me, if I didn't have a 2nd, I might do that, even a 4"

but I already did that for $330, though it was maybe only a "few short years ago"
same price as my 1st bought retail NIB once-upon a time back when, LGS
but that is mighty rare to see, then or now, in LGSs around here, so I might, if I hadn't, or if I had three hands
(just too many great guns to be had, have, and shoot, too few hands, otherwise I probably would.. they are getting ever scarcer, and $500 ain't what it used to be, even "a few short years ago")

coyotehitman
February 10, 2012, 09:34 PM
But the question was "Where", not who got a deal on 5

Yes......indeed.....that was the question. Here is my take on it:

Evidently I have stumbled onto a gold mine. If there are fools willing to part with $500 for a tired M66 I'll make a mint on the next lot!

oldfool
February 10, 2012, 10:10 PM
you done good c_hitman
but it takes a whole lot of round count to tire out a model 66

I have been trying to do that to my 1st for at least 25 years now, ain't got it done yet
the way I hear it, it ain't just me
(and the way I hear it, plenty of other revolvers in the marketplace tire out a lot easier than I do)
no shortage of fools, I guess, go figger
(last one I bought looked mighty tired of sitting in leather in somebody's closet shelf for too many years, but it perked right up when I started shooting it)
"used" cop gun, I would guess, carry sign

PS
you buying 'em 5 at a time for $330 a pop (PD S&Ws).. cause you shoot 'em 5 at a time
or because you re-selling 'em ?
(and if selling 'em, what price you selling those $330 tired old guns for ?????)

camsdaddy
February 10, 2012, 11:05 PM
Going to buy a 19-3 and a 66-1 tomorrow. Both are 4" and I feel I'm getting a pretty good deal. If I can buy them own them a few days and resell them and make a few dollars I'm gonna be happy. I see them as $425-$450 guns. If I get close I'm good.

S&Wfan
February 10, 2012, 11:29 PM
I bought this 3" Model 65 used (but with the typical Pachmyer grips of that era on it rather than these 2000-era PC stocks as pictured).

Price? $ 235. I couldn't pass it up!!!

The year? 1990 Folks, they aren't making the K frames this way anymore, and the price on a good S&W vintage revolver goes up every year. The price only really varies . . . based on what year you put down your money!

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/415/415871/folders/305468/244924665-3.jpg

mope540
February 11, 2012, 09:21 AM
Anyone know if these guns accept round-butt grips, or if they use the older square-butt frame?

Call them and find out. The first 4" round butt 66s were the dash 4s. S&W used left over snubbie frames to make these, and eventually dropped the square butt (experts chime in and tell me if i'm wrong).
The price is about the norm for a used 4". But buying a used gun online is always a gamble...you may end up with the bottom of the barrel pick. I wouldn't risk that money unless i could inspect it in person.
Glad i wasn't a cheapskate 3 years ago when a 4" 66-4 (round butt) was offered for sale at a local gun show for $350. Then, that price was so-so, not the best deal...kinda like the price of these police trade-ins. It looked like new and had factory grease caked under the grips (which i removed before purchase to confirm it being a round butt). I ended up with the sweetest shooting S&W i have ever owned. Best factory trigger...ever.
If the price is borderline or lower, and it passes inspection, buy it. Like they say on the S&W forums...you're not paying too much now, you're just paying what it will be worth a little early.

http://www.zewp.com/dump/photo/00134e5r65utfyk.JPG

coyotehitman
February 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
you buying 'em 5 at a time for $330 a pop (PD S&Ws).. cause you shoot 'em 5 at a time
or because you re-selling 'em ?
(and if selling 'em, what price you selling those $330 tired old guns for ?????)

Oldfool, I haven't figured out how to shoot em 5 at a time yet. Only one was tired, another merely needed the endshake removed, the others, just a bath, polish, and lube. In the end I kept two, the others went to family after being freshened up a bit. The two I kept received extensive custom work so they are worth considerably more then $330 now. I'll share any deals I find.

I'm curious how long it'll take these 66's to sell. I think the price is above what the market will bear.

S&Wfan, that 3" 65 is my favorite Smith for carry.

roaddog28
February 11, 2012, 11:42 PM
The price may seem high to some of you in the area you live in. But in California model 66 would bring $550 to $600. These are shooter grade. So it depends on the area you live in.
Regards,
Howard

PabloJ
February 12, 2012, 12:21 AM
Well, they're no longer being made. Look at how expensive Colts are.
Look how INexpensive some 3rd generation S&W pistols are. Those are no longer made either.

19-3Ben
February 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
If the price is borderline or lower, and it passes inspection, buy it. Like they say on the S&W forums...you're not paying too much now, you're just paying what it will be worth a little early.

Bingo. Back in 2005 when I turned 21 and got my pistol permit, the very first gun I bought was a ~95% S&W 19-3. I remember, I paid $295 for the gun, and they threw in a plastic handgun case for it for free.

Back then, I was paying at the top of the range of "fair price." Now, only 6 years later, if someone came on THR and bragged that they got a 19-3 in that condition for $295, everyone would accuse him of stealing it!

Husker_Fan
February 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
I'm not a huge fan of k-frame .357's. Just my preference as I wind up shooting 90%+ .38's in them.

Bud's gun shop has model 10s, 4in, round and square butt for $269.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hot deal on s&w 66 trade-in's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!